Players abandonning games with the News set of cards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SabinL

Players abandonning games with the News set of cards

Post by SabinL »

I feel this has become an unbearable issue. We all want to try out the new cards, but I feel unable to complete even a single game. Since it is in training mode still, it seems there is no consequences for this behavior. Any way this could change ? What can we do about it ?
Lumin_S

Re: Players abandonning games with the News set of cards

Post by Lumin_S »

That does sound pretty unfortunate and annoying. Might be best to talk with everyone at the table before starting the game to make sure they understand that quitting is not OK with you (I might start doing this as well, preventitively.)

Also definitely give any quitter a personal red thumb to not have to play with them ever again.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Lumin_S wrote: 27 June 2022, 23:54
Also definitely give any quitter a personal red thumb to not have to play with them ever again.
This was my (very ineffective) strategy. I no longer have a strategy I think works.

BGA ignores most protective-rules when it comes to turn-based tournaments, including red thumbs down. You still continue to get paired with bad players during turn-based tournaments, even if you have tried to never go there again. Even if you plan the event, you are forced to allow and play them, unless you can figure out a way to make an invite-only event than includes everyone but them. You can't escape them with a red thumb like you would want.

At least now they made changes so those few bad players we don't need to name (because we are not allowed, however since they have ruined literally thousands of games, we all know who they are and we will never forget them or want to play with them again). I think those bad player might have been red thumbed down by all of BGA they were so awful in never playing and ruining all tournament results. I figured tournaments and new victims were their only choices after being such terrible community members.

I am really working hard to figure out how to create tournaments limited to those who agree to not kick out people who really are playing but landed over the time limit due to time-zone problems or wrong time-frame chosen to begin with. If anyone knows a good idea how, let me know.
Direful

Post by Direful »

I have never had this issue with games I have played in, though most of those new games were with Strong players and above.

If you are playing a training game where there is no penalty for leaving, then lower rated players, players with a history of leaving games, and players with poor reputation are more likely to quit.

Use that information when viewing the table to decide if you want to play that game or not.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Alpha status is for testing the software. If you finish the game or not, you have contributed to the process. The developer will thankyou for that regardless. Is a game a valid game if someone has cards that don't work properly?

Play the beta card set(s) if you want to get out of training mode. I don't think red-thumbs is the answer.

Return to “Agricola”