Lost Ruins of Arnak - Master Sheet

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wonderboat

Post by Wonderboat »

>>Link to Master Sheet<<

Hello Explorers!

I have created a spreadsheet that has most of the information you'll need to analyze Lost Ruins of Arnak. In addition, I have attempted some efficiency analysis of the cards. Values for resources have been carefully approximated and then used to calculate various aspects of the game.

Here are a few previews:

Items

Artifacts

Assistants

Dig Sites

Guardians

I have created notes that explain some aspects of the spreadsheet that you can hover your mouse over to read. They look like this:

Feel free to make a copy of the sheet, and to edit the values for any of the resources. The sheet will automatically update the efficiencies.

To see all of the Master Sheet, click the link at the top of this post. Happy exploring! :)
ylathor

Re: Lost Ruins of Arnak - Master Sheet

Post by ylathor »

I disagree with the values you assign the ressources. To be the basic table is:
1 point: gold, compass, tablet, Fear removal, draw a card
2 point: arrowhead
3 points: ruby

I believe that is roughly the evaluation the designer had in mind. You can check what it costs to level on the track, with your values the paths don't have the same costs. Or the first or the middle tier on temple track is also a good indicator.

There are some mistakes in you rankings:
Air drop gets you a card you get in your hand and you can play that turn. Depends on what you get, but a really good card.

Also: A card like the dog or lantern has a potential upside: sometimes you can discard fear cards which you could not use otherwise. Then you get a more valuable ruby.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

ylathor wrote: 22 June 2022, 18:01 I disagree with the values you assign the ressources. To be the basic table is:
1 point: gold, compass, tablet, Fear removal, draw a card
2 point: arrowhead
3 points: ruby

I believe that is roughly the evaluation the designer had in mind. You can check what it costs to level on the track, with your values the paths don't have the same costs. Or the first or the middle tier on temple track is also a good indicator.
I don't think that's the goal of this list is to follow what the designer had in mind. You can disagree with the valuation given by wonderboat, especially since they didn't really argue for them. But it's not absurd to assume that in practice, a compass is worth more than a coin, and a draw is worth even more.

Personally, from my limited experience with IRL games, I'd say my basic evaluation of resources is coin < exile < tablet < compas < draw <<< arrowhead <<< ruby. And it's not that far of from wonderboat's numbers.
ylathor

Post by ylathor »

Well, the designer made the board, so he decided the price for advancing on the temple track, f.e. So I think that is a pretty good baseline for pricing the resources.
That being said, I usually rate a compass higher than gold, tablet, fear removal. But maybe 1.1 to 1. But it is a minor difference, and not really large.
I also think that the value of the resources is different for the different boards. And the value changes depending on the round: Gold is better in the early rounds when you can use a bought cards several times and so on.
So I think a value of 1 for compass, gold... is fine as general baseline. A tie breaker you have to decide on your own. Card draw > compass > ...?
AlexTFish

Post by AlexTFish »

I'm happy to see you defined a separate tab for the "Constants" all your calculations are based on! Nice customisability.
Here's what I would think the constant values should be roughly at: Image
Still weird to see it rating things like the Automobile as "0% Efficiency".

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”