Please help review my tutorial for 7 Wonders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MoiMagnus

Re: Please help review my tutorial for 7 Wonders

Post by MoiMagnus »

villager wrote: 03 December 2021, 11:23 Please see https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... torial=570
Good work, some quick feedback:

+Do you think you can add colours to the text box so the card names appear in the same colour as their card (blue, red, green, etc) and same for the resources name (ore in brown, etc)?

+Age II, 4 cards in hand: you take for example "the stable would have been FREE if you had the Apothecary", but the stable is already "FREE" because you have all the good resources, it's confusing. It would have been better to explain the chaining at a moment where the card is not free but could have been, or at a moment where the card is free but only thanks to the chaining rule.

+Age III, maybe an pop-up should be added saying something along the line of "Where are all the brown and grey cards? There are none of them in Age III. Since we only have 2 ores and our neighbours only have a total of 1, that means we will never have the 4 ores necessary to finish our Colosseum. Fortunately for us, while building our Wonder is good, it is not necessary to win the game."
Last edited by MoiMagnus on 21 December 2021, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
villager

Post by villager »

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

I will attempt to the address your last 2 points asap.

Trouble with color coding is that the BGG tutorial system only has 3 colors.. red, blue, and green
villager

Post by villager »

hello.. i have fixed your concerns. Hope it see it in Beta and Live states soon :)
FightingWitch

Post by FightingWitch »

Hi Villager,

I just wanted to point out a minor typo in the tutorial at the beginning of Age 3 (Age III, sorry :) )

The tutorial states that due to lacking one stone, we won't be able to build stage to of the "Colosseum" instead of "Colossus" which is the Wonder we have to build

Great tutorial, I'll try this game out soon!

Thank you! 😊

Return to “7 Wonders”