Next Station: London goes Beta !

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
lordalx

Next Station: London goes Beta !

Post by lordalx »

Hello players
Next Station: London is now available in beta
https://www.boardgamearena.com/gamepane ... extstation

This is a flip and write game for 1 to 4 player with asymetric feature since each player use a given color pencil for one round, before rotating pencils. You won't have the same drawing that your opponent.

More information can be found here : https://blueorangegames.eu/en/games/nex ... on-london/

Have fun ! The alpha stage ran well : this is the last stop before the official release :)
jujulautre

Re: Next Station: London goes Beta !

Post by jujulautre »

This is not a bug so I won't file a bug report, but I have a small problem with the UI which I believe should be corrected.
For someone who is not used to the game, the way the ability for forking is displayed (as an icon on the symbol card drawn next) is definitely not clear. You would expect two cards to be displayed as in the physical game, not a combined card.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Bug reports are "Bugs & suggestions" so making clearer UI is a suggestion, you can definitely post it there as a suggestion ;)
guldenguenter

Post by guldenguenter »

Really fun game and great implementation!
Had no issues so far on my multiple rounds playing this game
Guy74

Post by Guy74 »

There seems to be a problem recording the daily challenge results since two-three days.

I get an error notification and then I am not seeing any other players' scores displayed.
Ryan76

Post by Ryan76 »

This is a lot of fun - thanks for adding it. Digital implementation seems perfect except for adding an Undo button.

Unfortunately, the max 4 player count means it won't get much play in our group compared to other roll and writes on BGA like Welcome To, Railroad Ink, Trek 12, and Can't Stop Express. The physical game only comes with 1 of each colored pencil, so it makes sense there. But digitally there really is no reason to limit the player count, since it truly is multiplayer solitaire. Boosting the BGA max player count to 8 (like Trek 12) or 12 (like Railroad Ink) would be really cool.
DualBoot

Post by DualBoot »

The max player remark from Ryan76 is quite a good one but you then have to solve the different colored pencil (as is presented as the pencil that gets passed on). N
JayVS1

Post by JayVS1 »

I would like to add my vote to make minor modifications to Next Station: London so that it could handle up to 8 players. Our online group sometimes has 5 or 6 players and it seems-- with proper rotation of the pen colors-- that 6 to 8 players could play simultaneously with minimal problems. (Every player would still play 4 rounds with different color pens.) Since there is virtually no interaction in this "flip and write" our larger group meeting could play it more frequently, with little increase in total game time for the players. How about it?

Return to “"Beta" games”