Seeking developer(s) for abstract games

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
SimplicatusGames

Seeking developer(s) for abstract games

Post by SimplicatusGames »

Hi, I'm working with a designer of abstract games that has over a dozen successful funded campaigns on Kickstarter for low quantities of physical versions of different abstract games. Many are 2 player games, and some are for 2-4 players.

My aim is to help the designer reach a wider audience by implementing several of these on BGA. I'm planning to run one or more Kickstarter campaigns to fund the development of one or more games per campaign. In order to estimate the funding goal, I'll need to know the development costs for each of the games we're considering for the first campaign.

The complexity of graphics and rules for the least complex of these games can be compared with 2D games like Abalone and Bobail.

Second tier games are also 2D and can be compared with Tumbleweed, Senet, Yahtzee, Backgammon and Chess.

Third tier games can be compared with Checkers, where you also stack more than 2 checkers on top of each other and then move the stacks. It should work with a perspective view like Checkers here (and it would look nice with a coherent style where all of the games had a similar perspective view).

I would prefer to avoid a full 3D view like Cloud City and Santorini, both for costs, complexity and usability (those two games tend to crash on my mobile phone).

If you're interested in working with us to develop what I hope will be a series of abstract games from a single designer (like the Mark Steere games), please PM me and we can discuss the details.

I'm open to working with one or more developers.
Our games make you think! https://Simplicatus.Games is an independent publisher and distributor of indie tabletop games.

Return to “Developers”