Online Catan verses physical Catan.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jabberwacky_JimB

Online Catan verses physical Catan.

Post by Jabberwacky_JimB »

I have play Catan for a long time. (I have a game that has photos on the tiles and cards.) The problems with the trading time is not unique to online. I have played many physical games, where everyone gets upset with one player who does not keep track of resources and keep asking for cards no one has in their hands every turn.

The problem is amplified online, unless you are inviting only people you know are at a certain level of play. I am sorry if this has been stated, but when I did a search I came up with 46 screens of entries, many the same and I was not going to scroll through them all.

As I do not normally play long games online, I have no real suggestions, the obvious of trade timers and auto rejects could lead to abuse.
RobertBr

Re: Online Catan verses physical Catan.

Post by RobertBr »

Jabberwacky_JimB wrote: 04 July 2022, 02:33
The problem is amplified online, unless you are inviting only people you know are at a certain level of play.
You can restrict table access by player Elo.
pando

Post by pando »

I feel that players should write in the chat what they have on offer to trade if they want.
Jabberwacky_JimB

Post by Jabberwacky_JimB »

Good idea, when playing physical there is more table talk to keep the game more entertaining.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

pando wrote: 05 July 2022, 11:02 I feel that players should write in the chat what they have on offer to trade if they want.
You can ask for the thing you want - say request 1 sheep but offer nothing. Then other players would be able to counter-offer based on what they want.

Return to “Catan”