Memoir'44 going to premium

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
felipe1982

Re: Memoir'44 going to premium

Post by felipe1982 »

Marzacco wrote: 02 July 2022, 23:39 Tisaac and Vincentt: Hey guys, keep up the GREAT work, upgrades, and expansions that you're doing! The Memoir 44 site is already awesome. Two buddies and I have already gone premium and believe great things are in store. Don't let the naysayers bring you down.

Now when you bring BATTLE CRY on-line, I'll champion your efforts in that venue as well!

Ready the Cannon, Fix Bayonets, and Prepare to Charge!
Thank you Asmodee thank you bga thank you developers
waltero

Post by waltero »

So you guys got basically one free month and yet are still complaining ??
Who's complaining? I was whining. Whining because I missed more than half the month of free M44. Thought you'd be a little more sympathetic towered a whiner.

All in all, I was excited to see M44 come to BGA.
I gave up the game just to have you suck me right back in! I trust you'll get it right.
diamant

Post by diamant »

Tisaac wrote: 02 July 2022, 12:44The balance issue is not a real one since the scenario should always be played two ways anyway. You are suggesting to remove these incomplete scenarios from the "random" choice, yet I havent seen any suggestion report for this, which is the proper way to collect players opinion through upvotes.
As per the list of scenario, recall that we are also bounded by license agreement to follow publisher directive and they currently wanted only physical boxes to be added.
A Memoir 44 scenario should be considered a game in its own right, even if it shares some rules with others. While a historical scenario may be unbalanced by the fact that the corresponding battle was also unbalanced, the fact remains that each published scenario is supposed to have been individually tested by its author to ensure its playability and interest. So you can’t pretend not to implement some of the specifics of a scenario on the grounds that development would be time-consuming.
Because if you were to test the new version of the scenario you want to impose, it would take much longer than implementing the published version of the scenario.
And as you pointed out, BGA has a contract with the Memoir '44 publisher that allows it to implement only the scenarios of the extensions.
I can’t speak for the publisher, but if it were me, it would seem obvious to me that the contract is not being met if you change the scenarios.
For example, this is the case when, with regard to the Schwammenauel Dam scenario, you dispense with the sabotage of the dams, while this action is the heart of the theme of this scenario. It is indeed sabotage, but operated by BGA!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

diamant wrote: 03 July 2022, 16:26
Tisaac wrote: 02 July 2022, 12:44The balance issue is not a real one since the scenario should always be played two ways anyway. You are suggesting to remove these incomplete scenarios from the "random" choice, yet I havent seen any suggestion report for this, which is the proper way to collect players opinion through upvotes.
As per the list of scenario, recall that we are also bounded by license agreement to follow publisher directive and they currently wanted only physical boxes to be added.
A Memoir 44 scenario should be considered a game in its own right, even if it shares some rules with others. While a historical scenario may be unbalanced by the fact that the corresponding battle was also unbalanced, the fact remains that each published scenario is supposed to have been individually tested by its author to ensure its playability and interest. So you can’t pretend not to implement some of the specifics of a scenario on the grounds that development would be time-consuming.
Because if you were to test the new version of the scenario you want to impose, it would take much longer than implementing the published version of the scenario.
And as you pointed out, BGA has a contract with the Memoir '44 publisher that allows it to implement only the scenarios of the extensions.
I can’t speak for the publisher, but if it were me, it would seem obvious to me that the contract is not being met if you change the scenarios.
For example, this is the case when, with regard to the Schwammenauel Dam scenario, you dispense with the sabotage of the dams, while this action is the heart of the theme of this scenario. It is indeed sabotage, but operated by BGA!
Again, that's your opinion, we got it, no need to discuss it further. I already gave all the explanations, so if that really block you that much and thinks this is the most crucial parts that need to be added right now, please contribute to the game by developping it yourself, the code is completely open for any contribution. Otherwise, please respect the publisher and community choice about the priorities of features to add.
eagle53

Post by eagle53 »

What is an OL account?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

eagle53 wrote: 07 July 2022, 01:10 What is an OL account?
Memoir 44 is also playable online through the app created by dow 10years ago, check their website.
CaptainKirk

Post by CaptainKirk »

I've been a premium member since very early on in BGA's development. I'm astounded by the number and quality of games being developed. I don't understand anyone wanting to enjoy the site and NOT wanting to pay the premium membership fee. I SO appreciate the work the developers do on this site, and M44 is fantastic. Thank you!
PaskinsP

Post by PaskinsP »

waltero wrote: 03 July 2022, 02:50
So you guys got basically one free month and yet are still complaining ??
Who's complaining? I was whining. Whining because I missed more than half the month of free M44. Thought you'd be a little more sympathetic towered a whiner.

All in all, I was excited to see M44 come to BGA.
I gave up the game just to have you suck me right back in! I trust you'll get it right.
Oh man, you're at it again, with those weird against the grain opinions... defending stuff that worsens player experience

And now turns out you're a freemium user!
I joined premium the moment I saw they were developing M44, feally wanted to support from then on.

Return to “Memoir 44”