ARCTIC SCAVENGERS: Snow time!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

ARCTIC SCAVENGERS: Snow time!

Post by DrClick »

Fight, gamble and bluff in this desperate struggle for diminishing resources.

In the year 2097, the entire Earth was enveloped in a cataclysmic climate shift, plunging the globe into another ice age. Nearly 90% of the world’s population was eliminated, driving the survivors to band together in loose communities and tribes.

In Arctic Scavengers, you are the leader of a small tribe of survivors. Resources, tools, medicine, and mercenaries are all in scarce supply. You and your tribe are pitted against up to four other tribes in a fight for survival. Build up your tribe, skirmish against other players head-to-head, or even bluff your way to victory.

The player with the largest tribe at the end of the game is declared the winner!

Good hand management with a bit of bluffing and strategy will help a lot.

You can have a look at the game page by clicking right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... scavengers

Thanks to Rio Grande Games team and Robert K. Gabhart, the game is now available on Board Game Arena, and we would like to thank them as well as the developers, Kayvon and Mogri, who did an excellent job here, again. Kudos to them!

That's it for today WRT release, don't forget that there is a game released daily throughout the month!
Have fun and see you next week.
Until then, take care!
sixzerotwo

Re: ARCTIC SCAVENGERS: Snow time!

Post by sixzerotwo »

Oh cool! Arctic Scavengers was my introduction to hobby board gaming.
kiltebeest

Post by kiltebeest »

Is that... one of the Simpsons behind the goggles?!?
Ashley Kennedy

Post by Ashley Kennedy »

It was this post that sent me looking through all the other release posts for the Simpson cameos. Is this a mini-game in the forums?
Admiral Danny

Post by Admiral Danny »

kiltebeest wrote: 13 July 2022, 17:40 Is that... one of the Simpsons behind the goggles?!?

It is. It's Ned Flanders. For reasons I don't know he appears in a lot (maybe all?) the games 'box art' on the site.
kevan

Post by kevan »

They started doing the Flanders thing a couple of years ago. The rule is that if it's a big-name game like Catan or a Knizia, Flanders gets hidden extremely subtly in a tree or something in the news announcement, and for other games sure, just slap off-theme googly eyes over the box art or have him driving a car through it. He's the copyright-infringing mascot who can never be used anywhere else on the site or on merchandise! It's such a weird call for a website whose whole business model is otherwise scrupulously respecting the copyright and artwork of boardgame companies.

Great to see this game live, though. Still the best deck-builder out there.
ChewOnIt

Post by ChewOnIt »

Cool! I think this is the 1st deckbuilder on this site?
mdpeterson42

Post by mdpeterson42 »

Stupid, sexy Flanders
kevan

Post by kevan »

ChewOnIt wrote: 13 July 2022, 21:55 Cool! I think this is the 1st deckbuilder on this site?
https://boardgamearena.com/gamelist?mechanismTag=227 has twelve in the category. (Which doesn't actually list Arctic Scavengers?)

BGG's "deck, bag and pool builders" mechanic list (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefami ... ilter=2664) is more exhaustive, giving 23 games:

Abandon All Artichokes, Arctic Scavengers, Art Decko, Automobiles, Century: Spice Road, Dice Forge, Dice Summoners, Dragon Line, Eminent Domain, Eminent Domain: Microcosm, Exploration: Warzone, Great Western Trail, Happy City, Hardback, Hydroracers: The Schneider Trophy Epic, Lewis & Clark: The Expedition, Little Factory, Living Forest, Lost Ruins of Arnak, Not Alone, Roll for the Galaxy, Stir Fry Eighteen, Time Masters, Volfyirion Guilds.
Nob Leader

Post by Nob Leader »

kevan wrote: 13 July 2022, 20:29 They started doing the Flanders thing a couple of years ago.
I have always found their use of Simpson's imagery annoying and weird.

Otherwise, I love BGA.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”