BIG MONSTER: Just the other day someone asked who was the most beautiful monster. You know what I said?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

BIG MONSTER: Just the other day someone asked who was the most beautiful monster. You know what I said?

Post by DrClick »

Here you are, explorers discovering an unknown planet. You are on the hunt for colorful monsters and precious crystals. Make the most of your expedition by outrunning your competitors.

Traveling through space, looking for new planets for the Federation, you have just discovered one not yet indexed! This is an opportunity to identify new creatures, discover rare resources, and fulfill intergalactic missions. This is the challenge you are facing: Earn the most victory points in order to make your exploration successful!

Big Monster is a "smart drafting" and tile-laying game that is played in two rounds. On a turn, each player (simultaneously) chooses a tile from their hand, places it face down in front of them, then immediately gives their remaining tiles to another player of their choice who has not already been given tiles. That is what is defined as "smart drafting."

At the end of the game, each player owns 18 tiles in their exploration space. You earn victory points by finding monsters, completing crystals, and achieving missions. The player with most victory points at the end of the second round wins.

Big Monster can also be played in teams, and when doing so the score of each team is the score of the team member with the fewest victory points.

It is playable from 2 to 6 players, with a special rule for the 2 player mode.

So why not try it right now by clicking here?
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=bigmonster

Curious, but you want to dive directly into some interactive rules to learn ? You can teach yourself how to play Big Monster by checking our online tutorial, right here : https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... torial=904

Board Game Arena would like to deeply thank Dimitri Perrier and the Explor8 publishing team (hello Anne-cat!) for their authorization to bring the game on our platform.
Nothing would have been possible without the help of nicotacotac, the developer who brought the game online, and we would love to send him some love for this adaptation.

That's it for today,
Take care and play fair!
sorryimlikethis

Re: BIG MONSTER: Just the other day someone asked who was the most beautiful monster. You know what I said?

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Excellent game, probably the most under-rated game on the site. Amazed it's been in beta for so long with so few games played.
OutOfHabit

Re: BIG MONSTER: Just the other day someone asked who was the most beautiful monster. You know what I said?

Post by OutOfHabit »

Wonder how the smart draft will work in turn-based.
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

I also wonder about Ned. Where is he?
MutantPigeon24

Post by MutantPigeon24 »

OutOfHabit wrote: 18 July 2022, 14:49 I also wonder about Ned. Where is he?
He's there :mrgreen: Hidden quite nicely in my opinion
Toonela

Post by Toonela »

Took me a while to find Ned, good job on that. Can't wait to play another game.
Waddington

Post by Waddington »

I'm curious about this game! will certainly check it out!

Well hidden once again, Mr. Flanders!!!
Zozoken

Post by Zozoken »

Ned is getting crazy difficult to find these days. The rules for hiding Ned keep bending!
JennuineP

Post by JennuineP »

Wow, Ned is nearly impossible to find! Tricky! Can't wait to try this game!
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

JennuineP wrote: 21 July 2022, 00:06
Wow, Ned is nearly impossible to find! Tricky! Can't wait to try this game!
I think i found him on the left side.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”