New game page

What's new on BGA ?
LeMaSe

Re: New game page

Post by LeMaSe »

I am missing the 'watch a game' function. Please bring it back.
It is especially helpful for games like, for example, Trek 12 - where the setting options can choose multiple boards. I like to check them out.
Or for a new game that not many people play yet. To see if there is a game that is about to end - for inviting those people to a next game.
Or to learn a brand new game, to be able to read the rules and watch the play happen together.

Please bring back the 'watch a current game' option.
BigLuca

Post by BigLuca »

For me it's a big no.

Sure the UI needed some improvement but this system gives me errors all the time, not counting my personal preferences.

Example: I want to play dice forge. I place my preferences on number of players (should give no problems), on rebellion (only cards and Titans, limiting but not excluding the others) and limit, again not exclude, some setups I don't like.

Every single time I start looking for a game I receive an error message about some conflicts in my preferences without letting me know what those conflicts are, making me impossible to play this game.

Also I want to see who the other players are BEFORE joining a game, I want to see reputation levels BEFORE joining a game, not wasting time waiting for a match to find myself in a game with too many players with bad rep. We have arena mode for that.

I'd like to suggest to bring back the old UI and leaving the new one for testing to players wanting to test it to resolve most issues.
Een

Post by Een »

BigLuca wrote: 20 June 2022, 08:51 For me it's a big no.

Sure the UI needed some improvement but this system gives me errors all the time, not counting my personal preferences.

Example: I want to play dice forge. I place my preferences on number of players (should give no problems), on rebellion (only cards and Titans, limiting but not excluding the others) and limit, again not exclude, some setups I don't like.

Every single time I start looking for a game I receive an error message about some conflicts in my preferences without letting me know what those conflicts are, making me impossible to play this game.

Also I want to see who the other players are BEFORE joining a game, I want to see reputation levels BEFORE joining a game, not wasting time waiting for a match to find myself in a game with too many players with bad rep. We have arena mode for that.

I'd like to suggest to bring back the old UI and leaving the new one for testing to players wanting to test it to resolve most issues.
This seems to be off topic. It looks like you just discovered the "Automatic" lobby which has been here for years now :)
Just switch back to the "manual" lobby using the dropdowns at the top of the page.
HelYesSnow

Post by HelYesSnow »

Game page for alpha games doesn't have a link to join the reviewer group and the reviewer page no longer shows up on the top banner bar. It's much harder now to add an alpha game. Game page lets you see/search for them :/
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Custom lists do not show the number of matching games.
Last edited by Jellby on 16 July 2022, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
miklomike

Post by miklomike »

It is very busy looking and the most important part of a new game page (at least for me) is no longer there. As others have said the ability to view a sample game with replay is now only in a tiny window and cannot be made full screen.

This was the best way to learn a new game for me to be able to see the game played out at your own pace and for the game being view to not just be random. The chosen game was always played correctly and by a high ranking player, making sure that users were given good information.

I also agree with others that the written rules is more important to me than pdf versions of the rules. If there are only pdf versions I just skip the game and never try it.
justanotherjo

Post by justanotherjo »

Mealsy wrote: 15 June 2022, 12:22 I'm not sure if it is related to the update....
I can no longer play games and get the below message:

An important BGA module could not be found, and your game cannot be loaded.

You should try refreshing this page.You may also try to switch to another language (English) as it may solve the issue.

Finally, if none of these work, please do the following : press F12, click on 'Network' on the new panel, press F5, take a screenshot, and report a bug.

I tried taking a screen shot however, when I try to report the issue nothing happens....
I am seeing the same thing quite a bit since this update. This did not occur prior to the update. It happens on my PC, phone and tablet and is totally random. A refresh gets the game to load correctly, and clearing the browser cache does not remedy the situation, as it comes back almost immediately.
andesimo

Post by andesimo »

Morning

I have recently discovered a fantastic game that I feel would work very well on BGA.

Cascadia.

Simple game but full of strategy, especially with the variety of bonus cards available.

Any chance of this being developed on here?

Simon
ShadowcatMD

Post by ShadowcatMD »

Ok so this week I just started getting on this new game page while trying to set up an hanabi game with friends, I was on mobile and truly it was not instinctive where I was suppose to find the option to add my friends the the table. I'm sure someone had a great fun doing this, but I did not enjoy this. While BGA's look is pretty basic, it works.
PegasusDragon1

Post by PegasusDragon1 »

How do I create a table now? I don't see it unless I missed it.

Return to “BGA release notes”