Improvement idea

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
LuxuryJesper1

Improvement idea

Post by LuxuryJesper1 »

I don't know whether I prefer the "40 moves max before a draw" to the previous one. But, I have an idea for a compromise...

Most draws end this way due to the game being stuck. But, sometimes there are still options by the end of the game, however they end in draws regardless, due to the lack of moves left. My idea, is to be able to extend the game by for instance 40 moves more, if both players agrees to it.

This way, the players themselves decide internally during the games what they want to do, without being forced to do anything specific. It's a win-win for everyone.
Romain672

Re: Improvement idea

Post by Romain672 »

It can be abused on bga though since you gain x seconds after each move.
So that does not work.
You can limit to 200 moves though, it could be a 'bad' solution.
LuxuryJesper1

Post by LuxuryJesper1 »

Romain672 wrote: 16 July 2022, 14:36 It can be abused on bga though since you gain x seconds after each move.
So that does not work.
You can limit to 200 moves though, it could be a 'bad' solution.
What you do mean by "gain"?
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Imagine someone who want to only win by making the other player goess out of time and/or finish by being bored by doing the same moves over and again. And which said no to any draw.
LuxuryJesper1

Post by LuxuryJesper1 »

Romain672 wrote: 19 July 2022, 12:32 Imagine someone who want to only win by making the other player goess out of time and/or finish by being bored by doing the same moves over and again. And which said no to any draw.
I don't think you understand me. Both players has to agree to an additional amount of moves, otherwise the game just stays as it is now (with a maximum of 40 moves before draw)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

LuxuryJesper1 wrote: 19 July 2022, 22:23I don't think you understand me. Both players has to agree to an additional amount of moves, otherwise the game just stays as it is now (with a maximum of 40 moves before draw)
So, if nobody agree, the game goes on... Forever, right?
And if there is no end, the winner is the one who stay on his computer the longest. Which is bad.
LuxuryJesper1

Post by LuxuryJesper1 »

Romain672 wrote: 20 July 2022, 11:39
LuxuryJesper1 wrote: 19 July 2022, 22:23I don't think you understand me. Both players has to agree to an additional amount of moves, otherwise the game just stays as it is now (with a maximum of 40 moves before draw)
So, if nobody agree, the game goes on... Forever, right?
And if there is no end, the winner is the one who stay on his computer the longest. Which is bad.
Where do I write that the game goes on forever? I'm writing, if not both agree to an additional amount of moves, the game just stays as it is now. As of now, is the rules that the games goes on forever? No. The present game rules are that games stops at 40 moves.

Do I make myself clear? Or do I have to write it in a sixth way...

Return to “Nine Men's Morris”