Game time

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Pascalbro

Game time

Post by Pascalbro »

This is the only game where I was forced out because of not being able to manage time and an opponent mashing the expulsion button.

I've got experience with myriad games that require far more strategic planning and never had this issue.

I have a handful of games in stone age so, it's going to take me a second to determine optimal strategies and get to where I can potentially manage the current settings.

The current standards are unacceptable, especially for non-tournament play.
Ranior

Re: Game time

Post by Ranior »

The fast timer settings for Stone Age are pretty fast, but they certainly are manageable for some. There's nothing wrong with that speed option existing.

Instead, you now have learned that you should not join tables that have a fast timer for Stone Age. You can look and search and join tables that have normal speed or slow speed and you'll be fine. Perhaps in the future once you get more practice you'll be ready to play fast enough to join fast time speed games, but until then you should avoid them.

(Although I see you also got a timer penalty in a normal time Stone Age game recently, but looking at your total time, I've got to say you're just also a slow Stone Age player at the moment. That's fine, but you might need to search for slow timer setting tables if you play at that pace)
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

You may also activate the quick mode in the menu available in game at the top right of the display area. This option avoid to lost time in the animations but it might make turn events harder to understand if you are not used enough to the game.
john0607

Post by john0607 »

Pascalbro wrote: 20 July 2022, 23:28 This is the only game where I was forced out because of not being able to manage time and an opponent mashing the expulsion button.

I've got experience with myriad games that require far more strategic planning and never had this issue.

I have a handful of games in stone age so, it's going to take me a second to determine optimal strategies and get to where I can potentially manage the current settings.

The current standards are unacceptable, especially for non-tournament play.
I completely agree with you. The time clock is ridiculous. I just conceded a game because it was driving me nut. Euro games need a more reasonable amount of time.
Inaofr

Post by Inaofr »

The timer pace is not set in the game, for real time tables it is automatically computed by the website based on the average time used in previous Stone Age tables and adjusted depending on the table timer setting. It is the same for all games on boardgamearena. So again you should take care of selecting tables with a timer setting to slow if you aren’t able to be fast enough with other settings. If even a slow timer is too fast for you, you should play turn based tables until you are trained enough to be faster.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Unless the game does not add extra time (which is a bug) or there are too few tables to sample, but these don't happen in Stone Age obviously.
Urgmurg

Post by Urgmurg »

Time is more than sufficient in base settings. With the tusk trade and new buildings, sometimes things can get almost unplayable on time. Just takes more time to click through the wood on the building and the tusk trade. The time based on averages does not seem to reflect that large variation.

Return to “Stone Age”