It feels like bullying

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Husnanana

It feels like bullying

Post by Husnanana »

The other players are all from the same country and every 7 rolled, and every Knight card, they always rob me and I'm not even in the lead. Thinking of leaving the game but I don't want to lose karma points
sorryimlikethis

Re: It feels like bullying

Post by sorryimlikethis »

I watched the replay. There's nothing suspicious about the accounts, none have played together before and they're not friends. Half the blocks looked justified and the continuation of blocks looked like an inexperienced table not knowing the actual leader. The thing is, when you take Longest Road your visible points appear threatening and it's hard for newer players to distinguish from "in the lead" and "likelihood of winning". At most points in time you got robbed you had the equal most amount of points in the game, even though your production didn't match the other players and your chances of winning were low.
Husnanana

Post by Husnanana »

I wasn't fussed at first because I had The Longest Road, but even after they caught up I was their only target, they never rob each other. Only once, and that's after I complained in the chat. I still feel slighted, but I've calmed down now.
Thank you for taking the time to investigate.
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Yeah not always nice to always be a target. I got that sometimes to. Maybe they just search a reason like: need wood, clay or that.. the fact is you gonna steal something and they maybe use the argument country as connection or they keep thinking you are the best one.. all stupid reasons. I got targeted also once because I had the highest ELO but was just started and won some games on a row by luck.

Yeah just finish game and go to the next one
MestreCholas

Post by MestreCholas »

This made me stop playing Catan
gordoz

Post by gordoz »

main character syndrome
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

I agree. I have had this happen to me with two players from the same country. every time they stole from me. Every time!! I just finished the game and gave them both a thumbs down, hoping to never see them again. I look at countries first before accepting a game.
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

Welcome to online gaming. Catan is a game where this can happen as player interaction is such a huge part of the game. There's no way to prevent this so just deal with it and don't take it seriously.

Return to “Catan”