Does x2 card work?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
riverpa

Does x2 card work?

Post by riverpa »

I cannot get the x2 card to work. Is it working properly, and if so, what order do you have to click on things?

Because when I am offered the opportunity to use it, I click on the cube, then click on the card I want to double, and nothing happens. The game won't move until I click on the x2 card and then the cube flies away with no effect.

riverpa
T72on1

Re: Does x2 card work?

Post by T72on1 »

I have used it before and got it to work. I sometimes have issues with cubes not working when playing on mobile though.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

It mainly works for me: the biggest problem I have is that if I don't turn off auto selection it sometimes selects without giving me the option. The other problem I rarely have is that it interprets the click on the cube as a click on the stack (only a problem when the roll totals 8).

The sequence is:
1. Click the cube
2. Choose the way you want to take the dice (separately or as the sum): you can do this with the buttons at the top or by clicking one of the stacks
3. Click one of the activated stacks to say that it's the one you want to double
riverpa

Post by riverpa »

Thanks, I will try it when I get a chance.

I just played it, I had been clicking directly on the card with the sector I wanted to double.

I did not realize that

1) it had to be a sector that was rolled (the card could be clearer on this) and
2) that you had to click on the sector number at the top first.

Thanks

riverpa
RNAlexander

Post by RNAlexander »

pjt33 wrote: 17 June 2022, 15:10 It mainly works for me: the biggest problem I have is that if I don't turn off auto selection it sometimes selects without giving me the option. The other problem I rarely have is that it interprets the click on the cube as a click on the stack (only a problem when the roll totals 8).

The sequence is:
1. Click the cube
2. Choose the way you want to take the dice (separately or as the sum): you can do this with the buttons at the top or by clicking one of the stacks
3. Click one of the activated stacks to say that it's the one you want to double
This problem literally just cost me a game, and it would have been the first game I'd won in like 7 tries.
macpuddock

Post by macpuddock »

You have to turn off auto-select, because the game does not pause to give you a chance to use this particular charge when it should. It's not inconsistent either - if the game does pause to let you use another type of charge, you will have the opportunity to use the double charge. It just doesn't pause if the double is the only charge you could use. I expect EVERYONE is finding this out the hard way :(

Tickets are in for this.
gordoz

Post by gordoz »

always works for me, including with auto select on. yall pushing buttons in wrong order as others have said. but more importantly, it's a bad card and i'm sad u guys are trying to use it lol
v62

Post by v62 »

Works okay for me, other than the fact that it doesn't give you another charge if you 2x the 2x while in red... unless I don't understand the rule on it.

Return to “Space Base”