Nouvelle version

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
darkstar1000

Re: Nouvelle version

Post by darkstar1000 »

Totally agree with stehnisko. I play my first and last game in the new format. See you not in arena for the future...
Marlondekkers

Post by Marlondekkers »

I do not like this version. Its to random and there is no explanation of how it works. I dont want to play it this way
Vynce

Post by Vynce »

It isn't random, but i agree the explanation doesn't make sense unless you know what it's doing.

Just like regular, cards are handled from lowest to highest, and a played card goes at the end of a row where the difference between it and the end is smallest - but unlike normal, both ends are available, so a low card might go at the low end of a row rather than the high end. It makes the game more tactical. There are more possibilities to think through and - I think - the name "professional" refers to the idea that it is less likely for a hand of cards to just be guaranteed bad and more likely that you just have to figure out how to play it well; hence less luck based and more skill based, in theory, at high level play.

Degenerate strategies are also less viable. In normal mode, late in a round, people are often just playing the highest card they have left and hoping not to have the lowest remaining card (aka "parachute mode"). This doesn't happen as much in professional, because the board changes more from play to play so it doesn't have the same effect.
Gery5030

Post by Gery5030 »

Please go back to the original mode, or at least give people a choice which mode they want to play in
Möhle

Post by Möhle »

I don‘t like this Version either. Season 10 is over for me at the First Day 🙄😠🤮

In my opinion they should gave the Player the Choice with wich Version they want to Play !!!
Lady V

Post by Lady V »

This version is cool and more fun. There are no more random than the other. I love it !
Chadmild

Post by Chadmild »

Le débat a déjà été abordé sur le topic officiel de la saison 10 arène et hop on vient en recoller 2 ici :roll:
Que vous soyez déçus, je peux comprendre mais de là à vouloir quitter BGA, ça me dépasse...A vous lire, on croirait qu'il n'est plus possible de jouer en mode normal sur le site ! :?: Il n'y a pas que l'Arène dans la vie.
Je ne suis pas fan du tout du mode pro mais objectivement, je trouve ça légitime de varier un peu les modes possibles. Si on a 1 saison sur 10 en mode pro, pas de quoi en faire un scandale.
Et il me semble enfin que le format pour l'Arène est en partie déterminé par le vote des gourous du jeu. Il me semble que le jeu serait resté en mode normal si la proposition de changement avait été nettement rejetée.
Pour ma part, je souhaiterais une saison exceptionnellement en 1 vs 1 mais je sais que ça rebuterait une grande majorité, je l'accepte sans faire de caca nerveux :D
junkmass

Post by junkmass »

The 'pro' option is to me a whole different game than the original one.
And I don't like it, so I will not play in Arena mode for a few weeks, I don't mind.
I would be interrested by the number of players compared to the previous arena.

It's OK by me, BGA consumes too much of my time anyway.
Daredard

Post by Daredard »

La nouvelle règle est vraiment affreuse. J'espère qu'à la prochaine saison on reviendra au mode normal.
Mais comme je vais temporairement cesser d'y jouer, je ne risque pas d'être gourou.

The new rule is really awful. I hope we'll go back to normal for next season. But since I'll stop playing it for now, I'm not likely to be a guru.

Return to “6 nimmt!”