Rules question or bug? Using the same space twice...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Philomorph

Rules question or bug? Using the same space twice...

Post by Philomorph »

I don't know if this is because of a rule I'm unaware of, or if there's a bug - hoping you all can tell me why I couldn't do this.

I advanced Military track to Nuclear Bomb, scoring for my exploration track and allowing me to play a new Civ card.
I played "Trade Economy", which lets you take the action of a space that another player is on.
I chose Science>Academic Research, which lets you gain the benefit of any space that you're on.
I chose Nuclear Bomb so I could score again for my exploration track and play yet another Civ card (a trap, for 10 points).

This move seemed awesome and would have gotten me 26 points total. But the game gave me an error "Tech spot or benefit is already used this turn" when I tried to select Nuclear Bomb using Academic Research.

Instead, for my second half I had to choose my token on Cavalry for a turn total of only 15 - I was able to conquer a space and rolled a 7vp at least. It could have ended up being as low as 12 with a bad roll.

Is this a legit restriction?
Jellby

Re: Rules question or bug? Using the same space twice...

Post by Jellby »

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/tapes ... tions-faq/

"You may not activate the same space on an advancement track more than once during your turn."
Philomorph

Post by Philomorph »

Oh ok, this explains it - I only own Plans & Ploys so I hadn't seen that new rule from the later expansion. Sad :(

Thanks!
jm3

Post by jm3 »

This rule was added far sooner then with Arts and Articecture, though. It was a quick errata for (quite incomplete, tbh) rules for original Tapestry.

If you would ignore all changes to rules and would stick to only printed original ones, you could have created "improving perpetuum mobile" on (T9 or) T11 with (Assembly line for T9 and) Li-ion batteries. How? Simply repeat Li-ion batteries. They now have included the "use at most 1x per turn", but I believe it wasn´t there before
HinagamiAyako

Post by HinagamiAyako »

and fyi, Teck Card Li-ion Battery square benefit cannot be activated twice in your turn. it's an exception.

Return to “Tapestry”