Different colours

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jeroenh

Different colours

Post by jeroenh »

So, maybe you noticed, there are new colours....

I appreciate that they are now clearly different from the other armies, and it is very easy to tell them apart.
But I have to say, they look really ugly and are way too colourful for me.

What do others think?
RiverWanderer

Re: Different colours

Post by RiverWanderer »

Regrettably I agree. Luckily, there is the display option to retain the old sprites.

Perhaps it is a bug, as it seems entirely unthematic to have Allies forces in yellow assaulting the D-Day beaches.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RiverWanderer wrote: 25 July 2022, 14:23 Regrettably I agree. Luckily, there is the display option to retain the old sprites.

Perhaps it is a bug, as it seems entirely unthematic to have Allies forces in yellow assaulting the D-Day beaches.
If you read the official annoncment, you would have seen that's it's notabug but official DoW remastered assets. As usual when it comes to colors/design, some players like the change and some dont, and you will mostly hear people that dont like the change on the forum since the ones liking the change wont necessarily come here to say it.
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

Thanks for the option to change back.

I like having the units be somewhat more different in colour, but these colours are really high in saturation and make the units look a bit cartoon-y to my taste. Could the colours be toned down a bit? Or is this really a new official colour from the designer?
diamant

Post by diamant »

Tisaac wrote: 25 July 2022, 15:39If you read the official annoncment, you would have seen that's it's notabug but official DoW remastered assets.
What “official annoncement” ?I have seen nothing like this on a site related to Memoir '44.

I don’t know what is the reason for these new graphics for the representation of units on the map, but I find them horrible, and I won’t choose these graphics in the settings.
I think that the new graphics should not be selected by default.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi
We published on the group newsfeed.
This decision is not ours, but the publisher's.

Cheers
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Yes not a fan of the new sprites way to cartoonish looking
Joe

Post by Joe »

I like the old ones because they are more clearly visible on the board. For all I care there could be stacks of poker chips with the appropriate unit icon, if that was the best option in terms of visibility.
Marzacco

Post by Marzacco »

My friend and I give two thumbs up for the colors AND THE OPTION FOR THE ORIGINAL COLORS.
junior72

Post by junior72 »

Joe wrote: 26 July 2022, 14:18 I like the old ones because they are more clearly visible on the board.
I'm full agree with your comment

Return to “Memoir 44”