Do NOT get Futurists midgame

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jm3

Do NOT get Futurists midgame

Post by jm3 »

Hello all,
I have been playing Tapestry a lot, especially in arena mode. I have seen people getting up to 6 civs in a game, crazy thing. What bothers me though is a probability of a civ coming to you that will totally f*ck (i mean ruin) your game. This happened to me twice in last weeks and it is extremely annoying. There SHOULD be a way to deal with this, like do not move if you don´t want to, decline this civ (even not get supplement) or of course preferred version, simply ban them like Mystics to get in game.

When you are playing Chosen, Militants or any civ that happens to be quite developed on military track and you decide to finish that track, you may completely ruin your final era (where most points are obtained) simply with this civ. I have for example planned carefully my resources, played renesance on M10 to get to E5, T10, S4 and M11 and did have enough resources to get to M12, T12+restart a track, needed 2 more farms from E track and ... sadly for me I decided to finish M track first due to points (purple was nearing T track´s end, so 5 points better result was M track finish first).

When this draw came, I was proper focked. Stuck in T12, no farms from E anymore (ended on E10 airplanes) and skipped all grey houses as well. Managed to pull out two moves on E10 and E11, then ran out of options and with another bunch of resourced unplayable lost badly to purple in the end.

I do not think that there is a valid nice option where Futurists actually help anyone while obtained midgame. They should be banned from civ pil draws. What do you think?
drsteelhammer

Re: Do NOT get Futurists midgame

Post by drsteelhammer »

The civs are getting rebalanced right now, futurists only go up 2 tracks. That makes it manageable (for example if you are m12 already you can basically choose between 1 or 2 tracks). Play with experimental changes enabled, they will become official in the coming months
ekiler

Post by ekiler »

With experimental ruling with the chance to choose i had bonkers benefits from futurist sometime ago
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

It's still broken, bc you only pick 2 but good chance 1 or 2 tracks are at end, leaving less options. Mid game civs are being discussed.

Return to “Tapestry”