concede at any point during a match

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
elfosardo

concede at any point during a match

Post by elfosardo »

I see it's not possible to concede a match if less than 50% is "completed"
Not sure how's that is calculated or what's the reasoning behind that, but I think it would be fair to be able to concede at any point.
Joe

Re: concede at any point during a match

Post by Joe »

Might it be a way to prevent someone repeatedly creating new games and abandoning them after 1 turn? Don't know myself, so...
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

elfosardo wrote: 03 August 2022, 14:19 I see it's not possible to concede a match if less than 50% is "completed"
Not sure how's that is calculated or what's the reasoning behind that, but I think it would be fair to be able to concede at any point.
That's a global bga rule. Progression is computed depending on the number of obtained medals vs target medals
twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 »

I guess I've never tried it in a 2-player game, but I believe that you can propose to "collectively abandon" the game at any point so long as your opponent is willing to do so.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

twenty9oh7 wrote: 12 August 2022, 20:37 I guess I've never tried it in a 2-player game, but I believe that you can propose to "collectively abandon" the game at any point so long as your opponent is willing to do so.
That's not the same, game is cancelled in this case whereas when a player concede, the other has a full victory.
twenty9oh7

Post by twenty9oh7 »

Tisaac wrote: 12 August 2022, 21:15
twenty9oh7 wrote: 12 August 2022, 20:37 I guess I've never tried it in a 2-player game, but I believe that you can propose to "collectively abandon" the game at any point so long as your opponent is willing to do so.
That's not the same, game is cancelled in this case whereas when a player concede, the other has a full victory.
Yes, that is correct. I should have clarified that my response only answered how to leave the game prior to 50%, but it is not a true concession since no winners are decided. Thanks for adding that Tisaac!

Return to “Memoir 44”