List of "active chats" of players in Spades game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
marknibb

List of "active chats" of players in Spades game

Post by marknibb »

Is there a way to see a list of "active chats" for each of the four players in a spades game? Should we require players in Spades to not have any active chats other than the game chat for the game table?
Cruella-Devil

Re: List of "active chats" of players in Spades game

Post by Cruella-Devil »

Please could you write this in comprehensible English.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I guess he's concerned about players having private chats with each other and using it for cheating/colluding. Even if you could detect/prevent it within BGA, they could still be connected with an external service/app/device.
marknibb

Post by marknibb »

Cruella-Devil wrote: 04 August 2022, 13:37 Please could you write this in comprehensible English.
I will try to explain so that you can understand

Is there a way to see a list of active BGA chats active for the 4 players in a Spades Game. (do you understand this line?)

There is a chat for each game associated with that table. (do you understand this statement?)

There are private chats available between members of BGA through the BGA application. (do you understand this statement?)

Players have the ability to be "spectators" in ongoing games. (do you understand this statement?)

Is there a way to only allow players in a spades game at a specific table to only have a single chat active to their login to their ID while playing a spades game? (do you understand this question?)

This would make it more difficult to have a private chat where communication between a spectator and a player during a game. (do you understand this statement?)
Cruella-Devil

Post by Cruella-Devil »

Your explanation is identical to how you play Spades.
marknibb

Post by marknibb »

So......Logical, right :)
Cruella-Devil

Post by Cruella-Devil »

I'm curious why you are asking this question.
marknibb

Post by marknibb »

Imagine if you will, playing in a game of Spades, and your opponents being engaged in "private" conversation, with one player actually "playing" for both of your opponents. Wouldn't that be quite an advantage for your opponents for them to be sharing information about each others hands?
Cruella-Devil

Post by Cruella-Devil »

It happens all the time in Spades and?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I'm curious, why is this 3rd "player" needed? If they wanted to cheat, wouldn't it be much easier for them to simply communicate with each other?

To answer your question again: No, there is no way (as far as I know), and even if there was, it wouldn't prevent cheating. If you have proof that some players are cheating by secretly communicating information that should be hidden, please report them.

Return to “Spades”