Tactics and strategy

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
magnum108

Tactics and strategy

Post by magnum108 »

I'm red and it's my turn to choose an action card. Which action card should you choose in this situation? (And why?)
I was thinking of two action cards: 1) Special scoring 5-point regions and 2) King's card.
5-point regions card - it is fast 10 points for me. King's card - an investment in the future scoring.
What do you think?
image: https://i.imgur.com/iCxG3EA.png
Gwinnenwilli

Re: Tactics and strategy

Post by Gwinnenwilli »

Hi magnum,
in this situation I take the king card. First the king goes to Aragon. Than 1 Meeple to Valencia 1Meeple to Pais Vasco and the last 3 Meeple perhaps to Castillo.
Next move is from Junky (green). He can take the 5-point regions card and send 2 Meeple to Valencia and 1 Meeple to Pais Vasco.
So you get 11 Points, Junky 10 Points and Deemer 1 Point.
magnum108

Post by magnum108 »

Gwinnenwilli wrote: 03 August 2022, 20:13 Hi magnum,
in this situation I take the king card. First the king goes to Aragon. Than 1 Meeple to Valencia 1Meeple to Pais Vasco and the last 3 Meeple perhaps to Castillo.
Next move is from Junky (green). He can take the 5-point regions card and send 2 Meeple to Valencia and 1 Meeple to Pais Vasco.
So you get 11 Points, Junky 10 Points and Deemer 1 Point.
Hey, thanks for answer.
But why do you leave Castilla La Vieja empty? I mean with no Meeple?
Gwinnenwilli

Post by Gwinnenwilli »

Important is 1 to Valencia and 1 to Pais Vasco. The other 3 you can send to Castillo or Castilla La Vieja. I like to play with Casillo, perhaps I send them later to Castilla La Vieja.

Return to “El Grande”