Auto-Explore Option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Mythik

Auto-Explore Option

Post by Mythik »

For turn-based games, it would be nice to have an option to turn on auto-explore the temple whenever there aren’t any hazard cards or artifacts visible. Or, is there a reason you would leave the temple when no hazards or artifacts are present? Sometimes there are instances where the first hazard card doesn’t show up for a while, and you have to wait for all players to press the explore button each time. Just a thought.
Woodruff

Re: Auto-Explore Option

Post by Woodruff »

Hi,
Maybe this could be implemented, I don't mind personnaly because I don't play turn-by-turn games, but to answer your specific question:
Mythik wrote: 01 June 2021, 15:34Or, is there a reason you would leave the temple when no hazards or artifacts are present?
I see one situation; where there are gems abandonned on the previous tiles, some player can think he could leave before any danger appear in order to take them all. I sometimes do that myself if the amount of gems is attractive enough to justify an early leave.

Take care,

Woodruff
Mythik

Post by Mythik »

That makes sense. Wasn’t thinking of that. Thanks for the reply.
miklomike

Post by miklomike »

If anything the auto explore should keep going if ONLY hazard cards have come out. Some turn based tables have 2 or 3 in a row only hazard and there is no benefit to stop exploring at that point but it still might take over a day for each player to press the continue button.
PlainSimpleSisko

Post by PlainSimpleSisko »

Agreed. An opt-in system would always be welcomed. I play most games turn-based.

For example, in Space Base I don't want my opponent to wait a day or two for me to confirm that no sectors were activated. It changes nothing in the game.

Another example is in King of Tokyo. I can voluntarily skip the buy phase that comes after someone else's decision to stay or leave Tokyo. Also, I can opt-in to staying or leaving Tokyo automatically if my health is below a chosen amount. Either of those options shaves days off the time of game completion.

Back to Incan Gold, any level of volunteer auto-exploring would be welcomed.

Return to “Incan Gold”