Odd translation loss in Memoir '44

BGA localization discussions
ufm

Odd translation loss in Memoir '44

Post by ufm »

Recently an update was deployed for Memoir '44.
Then, almost all historical scenario background texts and half of scenario specific rule descriptions are gone.
However, the developers clarified that they didn't change significant amount of translatable texts and this happened in only specific languages.
For example, translated texts are still there in French, Italian, and Polish.

Update: The devs redeployed the same version and now the texts are back.
Probably deployment processes messed up existing translations?
diamant

Re: Odd translation loss in Memoir '44

Post by diamant »

ufm wrote: 25 July 2022, 10:28 Recently an update was deployed for Memoir '44.
Then, almost all historical scenario background texts and half of scenario specific rule descriptions are gone.
However, the developers clarified that they didn't change significant amount of translatable texts and this happened in only specific languages.
For example, translated texts are still there in French, Italian, and Polish.

Update: The devs redeployed the same version and now the texts are back.
Probably deployment processes messed up existing translations?
Unfortunately, I fear that the slightest modification of an original English text will result in the loss of all the translations of that text. I have indeed noticed the disappearance of translated texts from the descriptions of scenarios.
In the case of French, this is not too serious, since French translations already exist on the Days of Wonder website, and you have just to correct typos by exploiting the rules and printed booklets. But I recognize that this can be a problem in other languages.

I noticed, in particular, that texts relating to the descriptions of scenarios were sometimes completed by a return to the line, sometimes not, without my being able to find an explanation.
If a developer decides to delete all unnecessary line breaks, I assume that this will delete translations from the previous version of the modified text.

Return to “Translations”