Progression %

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SkyDog

Progression %

Post by SkyDog »

I'm playing a turn-based game, and I noticed the "Progression %" shown in the top left corner is way off, at least early on in the match.
So far, I have made one move, and my opponent has yet to make their first. But yet, the Progression % says we are 31% of the way through the game!

I kind of get it, as I have 5 spots filled out of 16, meaning 31.25% of my board is full. But the easy setup of the game starts with 4 clovers (25%) already placed before the first move is made, meaning that in no way is the game anywhere near 31% complete.

Even in "Michael's setup", the placement of the first four clovers could be considered the setup of the game before it actually starts, but I can see how the Progression % makes more sense there. I think, at least with the easy setup, that the Progression % should be calculated by using X/12, with X being the highest number of clovers among the players that are in the 12 empty spots after the diagonal has been placed.

Thoughts?

Return to “Lucky Numbers”