Make Contested card more prevalent

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
randusnuder

Make Contested card more prevalent

Post by randusnuder »

Is there an easy way to see the contested card?

Right now I am looking through the logs to find it. Maybe have an icon you can float over and it will display the contested card?
Mosquete

Re: Make Contested card more prevalent

Post by Mosquete »

I came here to ask the same thing.

I could not find a way to peek at the top card on the contested resources pile when I was the "initiator".
autarkeia

Post by autarkeia »

I've completed one game of Arctic Scavengers, and didn't find this problem. Maybe it's been fixed in the six weeks since Mosquete posted.

The identity of the contested resource card is displayed in your player area. Right below the 'All cards' count, you see a text flag showing Starting Player for that round. If you're the starting player, the contested resource is displayed just to the right of the Starting Player flag. You can use mouse over to see the details for the card.
DarthMike

Post by DarthMike »

I also think it's not easy to find. Given the decision to fight/not fight is important, it should be more visible in your play area
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

If you were allowed to peek at the contested card, it'll be in the game log *twice*. First time is when you first see it at the beginning of the round. The second time is in the skirmish phase. In either case, you can hover over the log to see what the card looks like.

There seems to be a lot of confusion around this rule. The rules are clear: Only one person gets to peek at the card (or zero people in a two player game). No one else gets to know what the card was.

The game follows the official rules. It'll tell you which player got to peek, but it won't cheat and let all players see what the card is.

Return to “Arctic Scavengers”