Number of Players?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Joey2k

Number of Players?

Post by Joey2k »

The description says it plays 2-6, but I own the physical game and it only plays 2-4. Is there an expansion that I don't know about?

EDIT: I just read the description and saw mention of the Crimson and Amber Knight 5-6 Player Expansions. Where did these rules come from?

(This is not a complaint, if I can get 6 players to play this I'd be thrilled)
Phoxtrot

Re: Number of Players?

Post by Phoxtrot »

All I could find so far, on the author's blog:

https://sedjtroll.blogspot.com/2020/08/ ... tions.html
sedjtroll

Re: Number of Players?

Post by sedjtroll »

Joey2k wrote: 02 July 2022, 01:41 The description says it plays 2-6, but I own the physical game and it only plays 2-4. Is there an expansion that I don't know about?

EDIT: I just read the description and saw mention of the Crimson and Amber Knight 5-6 Player Expansions. Where did these rules come from?

(This is not a complaint, if I can get 6 players to play this I'd be thrilled)
Crimson Knight and Amber Knight are expansions that each add a player. They are intended to be available in separate boxes, so you can add a red player, a yellow player, or if you want to play with 6, you can buy both.

These boxes are not available yet!

They will be available from Renegade Game Studios, probably in a year or so. But on BGA you can play with them now!

There is an additional rule to support more players on the same map, which is that with 5 or 6 players, you're allowed to build a 2nd building in a hex, as long a it's the SAME building that an OPPONENT has built there. So you may not build 2 Castles in the same space, and you may not build a Castle where someone else has built a Church, but you can build a Castle where another player has built a Castle

That rule extends to the Divine Influence expansion as well, but there's a hard max of 2 buildings per hex... so if a player has built a Castle somewhere, ANY PLAYER can build a Keep there (per Divine Influence rules), or an OPPONENT can build a Castle there (per 5/6p rules). but only 2 buildings per space maximum!

Return to “Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done”