Income tile usage before turn

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
agriancito

Income tile usage before turn

Post by agriancito »

Hello!

Rules allow you to use an income tile before or after your turn, however I can't seem to make this work, this is not a BUG report but I am requesting help from other users to tell me how can I make this happen, Basically I have no coins and I have an income tile that provide 1 coin and I want to use it to get that coin and then use it to buy an engineer. Is there a way for the interface to let me do this? When I click the coin income tile it won't give it to me nor let me select actions that could use that same coin.

Thanks in advance.
poserLX

Re: Income tile usage before turn

Post by poserLX »

Sorry to hear your having a hard time. Could you clarify what you mean by income tile? I don't recall there being anything with that name. Are you talking about factories? Where do you see this tile? Do you see any hover text when you mouse over it?
agriancito

Post by agriancito »

In German Railroads there is an element called "income tile" which you earn similar similar to other rewards by reaching your natural color track and the locomotive, these are oval tiles that you can activate once per round and refresh each new round. Probably you identify them by other name or have not played the german railroad version. Thanks.

These tiles are next to my board when obtained, I know how to activate them, the issue is that they dont give me the benefit ingame until after my turn, and rules allow you to used them before or after, in this case I need to get one coin before my turn to activate a place that requires a coin. When I hover over the tile it decribes its benefit, in this case "gain a coin"

Cheers.
poserLX

Post by poserLX »

Ah, right, I forgot about the other versions. No, I haven't tried German Railroads yet, thus my ignorance.

You seem to know the rules already, so this probably won't be of help, but this is what the rulebook says:

‧ You can use income tiles only during your own turn.
‧ You can use multiple incomes tiles on your turn.
‧ You can use income tiles before or after a direct action (or even before passing).
‧ You can use income tiles even if you can’t fully resolve the action shown.
‧ You cannot use income tiles after passing, after moving a worker from the turn order action spaces, or during
scoring phases.
‧ After using an income tile, flip it facedown.
‧ After your next scoring phase, flip all of your income tiles faceup again.
agriancito

Post by agriancito »

Right I did read the rules and this is a valid move, the problem is that the interface on BGA will not generate the coin until you take another action.... which is an incorrect implementation, that affects me in this case, it seems there is no way around it.... its an incorrect implementation in this regard, nothing to do :(
Alexsaur

Post by Alexsaur »

I am also having this issue
paulainsworth

Post by paulainsworth »

Hmm, As far as I am aware you can't. IE you have to wait until next turn in this scenario to use the gold to get the engineer. This could be an issue with the interface itself though, if the income title is supposed to reward whatever it gives you immediately the gold should appear and allow you to use it, however, I definitely agree that the current interface does not allow you to do this. Which is kind of strange since everything else you can use immediately as far as track advancements and industry advancements. I have also seen this with German Railroads when you gain the industry marker from the 8 spot on the top rail line that you can't move that industry marker until your next action. If it is supposed to be usable immediately then this is a programming issue. Judging by the rules reference this is definitely a programming issue, hopefully the developers at BGA can fix it sometime in the future.

Return to “Ultimate Railroads”