Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ze Monstah

Re: WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Post by Ze Monstah »

voriki wrote: 18 August 2022, 13:00
sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 12:46 The best for everyone in this case is to avoid the pointless exchange, let the time flies so that everyone can move on. This is what we do and by experience this is way more efficient than anything else.
My experience disagrees.
sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 12:46 when the moderation is wrong, the answer is pretty quick.
Seems in my case the moderation for the thing I still don't know about what was wrong, was right?

I know. I know you won't respond to individual cases of moderation on the forum. But I won't ever learn my lesson that way.
Reports about forum stuff work differently than reports for specific chats (game chats, PM chats, whatever).
In the forum reports, the reporter doesn't select specific words... (S)he simply gives a link of the forum page and explains what happened and why the report.
For your complaint now in the forum to have some results, BGA simply has to start giving the people reported for forum stuff, the explanation of the one who reported, in the Moderation page that appears when the moderation decision taken by the moderator kicks in; or to change how Forum Reports work (by having to select specific words, like in the other type of reports, etc.). I doubt anything will be done about this.
So that's why you received nothing in the moderation page decision, because forum moderations work differently than moderations on specific game-chat or PM chat or any other kind of chat.
I guess a person who is moderated for something regarding the forum should either appeal or try to either not say anything more in the forum or be even more careful.
Strange things, but I guess that's how things work.
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I recently reported a player, the report was resolved as "not guilty" and I was informed of that. Not exactly satisfying, but I'm grateful I got a notification with what the result was.

I would expect if I ever have to make an appeal in the future (not about this case, of course), I'd also get some kind of response, at least provided I write it politely. Even a simple "your appeal has been evaluated and denied" would be enough.
Ze Monstah

Post by Ze Monstah »

Jellby wrote: 19 August 2022, 20:01 I recently reported a player, the report was resolved as "not guilty" and I was informed of that. Not exactly satisfying, but I'm grateful I got a notification with what the result was.

I would expect if I ever have to make an appeal in the future (not about this case, of course), I'd also get some kind of response, at least provided I write it politely. Even a simple "your appeal has been evaluated and denied" would be enough.
But how? Was it a forum-post report? By clicking the exclamation mark near a post (next to the ")?
I think that's the only type of report someone gets a notification on.
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

No it was a normal player report about a private chat.

But I may be misremembering, maybe all I saw was the update to the report, which I can see in the player's Reputation page. Still, my point is that there is some kind of response to a report, and there should also be to an appeal.
Test_Account5

Post by Test_Account5 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 09:56
  • Note the URL of the moderation report
  • Contact us though BGA Support page, choosing "Contest a moderation" category
  • We have a public Moderation Policy, so you must explain why the moderators did not respect the moderation policy. Example: for my fault, I should have received penalty X instead of penalty Y.
And how exactly do you do this if you got unjustly banned?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Test_Account5 wrote: 01 September 2022, 21:45
sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 09:56
  • Note the URL of the moderation report
  • Contact us though BGA Support page, choosing "Contest a moderation" category
  • We have a public Moderation Policy, so you must explain why the moderators did not respect the moderation policy. Example: for my fault, I should have received penalty X instead of penalty Y.
And how exactly do you do this if you got unjustly banned?
You shoud still have access to the Support forum.
Test_Account5

Post by Test_Account5 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 02 September 2022, 09:03 [...]

You can't even log in, let alone access the moderation URL which is apparently required for everything. There is no communication. An email should be sent with the option to challenge the moderation.

Also, an appeal should immediately suspend the punishment until it has been looked at. If you get banned for a week and there is no reply during that time, the appeal was pointless.
Test_Account5

Post by Test_Account5 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 12:46
voriki wrote: 18 August 2022, 11:58 That way the players also have a view whether their appeal has been handled or not.
We won't do that. A vast majority of players that are writing us on appeal mailbox are angry and they auto-persuaded themselves that they are right. In the past we tried to answer and explain, but these players are not sensitive to arguments and are going more angry (and finally get an higher penalty).
"We did this but they don't understand" is a weak retort. You can at least send one mail so people know someone looked at it, this takes little to no effort. As it stands, I'm skeptical that every appeal is taken into account.

Or, perhaps the moderation was in fact incorrect from a neutral standpoint and you don't want to admit this. It is possible to be insulted about anything, so in that case you are always "correct" and don't ever need to respond.

I'm still awaiting a reply, unless I can be assured appeals about forum moderations don't require this URL:
Test_Account5 wrote: 02 September 2022, 13:13
sourisdudesert wrote: 02 September 2022, 09:03 [...]

You can't even log in, let alone access the moderation URL which is apparently required for everything. There is no communication. An email should be sent with the option to challenge the moderation.

Also, an appeal should immediately suspend the punishment until it has been looked at. If you get banned for a week and there is no reply during that time, the appeal was pointless.
DISCLAIMER: this post contains no insults of any kind. It has been saved in case it "disappears".
Test_Account5

Post by Test_Account5 »

Still waiting.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Test_Account5 wrote: 05 September 2022, 16:35
sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 12:46 We won't do that. A vast majority of players that are writing us on appeal mailbox ....
"We did this but they don't understand" is a weak retort. You can at least send one mail so people know someone looked at it, this takes little to no effort. As it stands, I'm skeptical that every appeal is taken into account.
Indeed, I continue to send kind reminders to my original mail once in a while. I leave quite some time inbetween my mails so it's not considered harrasment or spam. But I feel like I am entitled to an explanation for what I was moderated. As so far they've chosen a very cowardly way by not dealing with the complaint at all.

Return to “Discussions”