CC: Ancients + Napoleonics

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ninjabunny

CC: Ancients + Napoleonics

Post by ninjabunny »

Are there any plans to add these games to BGA? that would be fantastic
Tisaac

Re: CC: Ancients + Napoleonics

Post by Tisaac »

Nope, no plan and probably not even a license agreement to start with anyway.
RiverWanderer

Post by RiverWanderer »

The licences would have to come from GMT - different vendor from M44, but they have licenced games on BGA before. One complication for C&C Ancients might be that GMT had a partnership with HexWar for that game on Steam. Would be great to see either of these one day. If a licence were available, I wonder if the M44 logic would be available to whoever might take up the challenge, or is it proprietary ?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

RiverWanderer wrote: 21 August 2022, 13:58 The licences would have to come from GMT - different vendor from M44, but they have licenced games on BGA before. One complication for C&C Ancients might be that GMT had a partnership with HexWar for that game on Steam. Would be great to see either of these one day. If a licence were available, I wonder if the M44 logic would be available to whoever might take up the challenge, or is it proprietary ?
All the source code is public and can be reused for any other bga project
RiverWanderer

Post by RiverWanderer »

Tisaac wrote: 21 August 2022, 20:21 All the source code is public and can be reused for any other bga project
Thanks for the info. That would surely give the right team a good start for any of the other C&C type games.
ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny »

So... whats the legality on adding "special units" and using the scenario editor to play other CC variants?
SageClock

Post by SageClock »

Tisaac wrote: 21 August 2022, 20:21
RiverWanderer wrote: 21 August 2022, 13:58 I wonder if the M44 logic would be available to whoever might take up the challenge, or is it proprietary ?
All the source code is public and can be reused for any other bga project
I would love to review the game logic for this game. Do you know where it's being shared? I looked in the BGA code sharing wiki and browsed github for BGA and didn't see any links for Memoir '44.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

CesareRaf

Post by CesareRaf »

Tisaac wrote: 19 August 2022, 18:08 Nope, no plan and probably not even a license agreement to start with anyway.
It is a pity, with the combination of Command & Colors and Memoir44 BGA would become a safe harbor for wargamers as well, enlarging the costumer base (if we have to look at it from Asmodee point of view). What can we do as users to make it happen? Can we contact GMT for the licenses or is it completely useless? (Apart of course from subscribing to Premium service, a thing I will do immediately if CC gets added!)
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

CesareRaf wrote: 29 November 2022, 16:41
Tisaac wrote: 19 August 2022, 18:08 Nope, no plan and probably not even a license agreement to start with anyway.
It is a pity, with the combination of Command & Colors and Memoir44 BGA would become a safe harbor for wargamers as well, enlarging the costumer base (if we have to look at it from Asmodee point of view). What can we do as users to make it happen? Can we contact GMT for the licenses or is it completely useless? (Apart of course from subscribing to Premium service, a thing I will do immediately if CC gets added!)
It's useless to contact GMT if there are no-one ready to developp the game. But yeah, once you find someone, the next thing would be to contact GMT either through bga or directly.

Return to “Memoir 44”