Event Cards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
PERSTEPHANIE

Event Cards

Post by PERSTEPHANIE »

In the BGA version, if you have an event card in your hand, any player can use it without asking or any conversation. In the physical game, it's always a conversation, and it's up to the person holding the card to decide whether and when to use it. I much prefer that! Is it possible to either have it ask the player, "i.e. Player X would like to use play One Quiet Night from your hand. Accept?" or just allow the player holding the hand to play the card, even if on another player's turn?
aghagh

Re: Event Cards

Post by aghagh »

I think this approach is to help turn-based games to run more smoothly.

A compromise could be to leave it like this in turn-based games and have the player holding the event to actually play it in real-time games.
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

aghagh wrote: 03 July 2021, 14:01 I think this approach is to help turn-based games to run more smoothly.

A compromise could be to leave it like this in turn-based games and have the player holding the event to actually play it in real-time games.
Alternatively - it might be worth setting as an option, where you can allow anyone to play an event card, or to ask the person who is holding it to play the card
diamant

Post by diamant »

ViolentSilence wrote: 03 July 2021, 14:20Alternatively - it might be worth setting as an option, where you can allow anyone to play an event card, or to ask the person who is holding it to play the card
I am also of the opinion that a player must be able to allow or not allow another member of the team to play his pawn or his Event cards, even if by default, any member of the team would be allowed to play his pawn and all his Event cards.

I propose to be able to refuse this automatic authorization individually to each other member of the team, and for each Event card owned. Of course, in case of refusal of the player when his authorization is requested, it could not be repeated during the turn.
Lara8818

Post by Lara8818 »

Similarly, the physical Dispatcher and Airlift cards stress that you need another player's permission before moving their pawn. I've only played a couple of times so far, but from what I can tell that hasn't carried over.
Zwordser

Post by Zwordser »

I agree: No other player should be able to just take and play an event card that you (or another player) drew without your agreement. ALSO, I just finished a game in which I was the Researcher, and was surprised to see that other players could just take cards from me (without my knowledge) whenever we were in the same city (very annoying, one of the players sort of went 'rogue' doing this, which almost led to a loss). I'm pretty sure the rules of the game either require or suggest that there needs to be agreement between players for these actions. Agreements should be built into the game--a notification to see if you agree to give a card or not before the action can go through.

I like Pandemic, but I'm not inclined to play any more turn-based games with strangers because of how my last game went.

Return to “Pandemic”