Halfling Stronghold Digs and Special Landscape Order

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
mr964509

Halfling Stronghold Digs and Special Landscape Order

Post by mr964509 »

I just tried to stronghold -> dig 2x with build, then dig 1x with Driller…but it didn’t let me add the driller after the second dig to my home terrain. Didn’t see a rule against this. It says: ‘a special landscape may be placed after transforming to a home terrain’ this is exactly what I tried to do..Is this a bug?
Nafghar

Re: Halfling Stronghold Digs and Special Landscape Order

Post by Nafghar »

No, it is not. You only get one building action when placing the halfling SH (like you always do when you get some non-cult digs). Since placing the landscape counts as building action you can not build a dwelling and place the landscape at once.
mr964509

Post by mr964509 »

The rules only specify that one is not allowed to place another dwelling twice on the same dig - it does not specify ‘only 1 build’ as you mentioned. The special landscapes rules explicitly states that landscapes are not dwellings. Unless you can point to where it says one may not build twice in one action, the this should be added into the rules if it is what the devs meant it to be.
Nafghar

Post by Nafghar »

You are right, that it is not explicitly stated what should happen. Therefore you should be able to find some FAQ to look it up.
GEO500

Post by GEO500 »

This issue isn't addressed on a FAQ anywhere, so will BGA allow the special landscape to be placed after 1 transform, 2 transforms, and 3 transforms, respectively, as a result of building the Halflings stronghold?
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

BGA adaption is correct:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/276240 ... landscapes
Helge Ostertag wrote: Designer
@Horologiom
Nov 22, 2021 (edited)

You are right. I should have worded it differently, and the rules also should have been more clear about that.

So here it goes: Special landscapes are treated like buildings, therefor you are not allowed to use the double spade action to build a special landscape and a dwelling in the same turn.

Return to “Terra Mystica”