Someone plays on mobile (iPhone)?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
BrunoJoani

Someone plays on mobile (iPhone)?

Post by BrunoJoani »

I really want to play this game, but im having a problem.
I only play on BGA with my iPhone (I dont have a PC), and never had problems in other games (some issues, but not too heavy)…
But seems like play this game on iPhone is literally impossible. The cards are soo blurry, and the “mouse over tooltip” doenst work on iPhone (yes, I tried to hold, double tap and hold, and more…).
Zoom doenst work too.

Anyone have some tip? :cry:
Attachments
5BE071BD-306F-4428-B577-D9B35E273AA7.jpeg
5BE071BD-306F-4428-B577-D9B35E273AA7.jpeg (210.31 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
bloodies

Re: Someone plays on mobile (iPhone)?

Post by bloodies »

Based on my experience, if you single-tap the card, it will show a zoom-in version (counter-intuitive, right? I was ever annoyed by this because I was trying to play the card). And I later found that I have to tap the card with two fingers at the same time in order to play a card.... Not sure if it works in the same way as yours, but this is how it works on my iphone.
BrunoJoani

Post by BrunoJoani »

Thank you so much. Tap with two fingers help me a lot to use a card.
I got a way to see the tooltip too :)
Guepard07

Post by Guepard07 »

You can download the official application on https://throughtheages.com
It is easier for playing on mobile :)
Niall

Post by Niall »

BrunoJoani wrote: 23 August 2022, 21:55 I really want to play this game, but im having a problem.
I only play on BGA with my iPhone (I dont have a PC), and never had problems in other games (some issues, but not too heavy)…
But seems like play this game on iPhone is literally impossible. The cards are soo blurry, and the “mouse over tooltip” doenst work on iPhone (yes, I tried to hold, double tap and hold, and more…).
Zoom doenst work too.

Anyone have some tip? :cry:
Maybe you’ve discovered this already, but switching your phone to landscape can help to make sure your taps actually register, when you want to play a card or action. There seem to be a few games like this (eg RFTG) - which are better to view in portrait, but more functional in landscape.

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”