'allow only lowest number of cards to be captured' rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
FelixFelicus7

'allow only lowest number of cards to be captured' rule

Post by FelixFelicus7 »

Hi All,

I completely understand that if say a King matches a King on the board then you must take the King BUT if the board is -
9 1 5 3 2
I cannot find in any 'official' scopa rules it stating that I must take the 9+1 instead of the 5+3+2 especially if the latter includes coins?

Anyone else noticed this? I understand you can choose the 'capture any amount of cards' option but this takes away the core rule of capturing a matching card.
cigma

Re: 'allow only lowest number of cards to be captured' rule

Post by cigma »

On BGA, this is available through a game option. In some variations of the game, at most 2 cards can be captured.
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
ovolollolo

Re: 'allow only lowest number of cards to be captured' rule

Post by ovolollolo »

FelixFelicus7 wrote: 14 April 2022, 04:56 Hi All,

I completely understand that if say a King matches a King on the board then you must take the King BUT if the board is -
9 1 5 3 2
I cannot find in any 'official' scopa rules it stating that I must take the 9+1 instead of the 5+3+2 especially if the latter includes coins?

Anyone else noticed this? I understand you can choose the 'capture any amount of cards' option but this takes away the core rule of capturing a matching card.
you are right, I am from Naples and this rule applies only when the choice is jack/horse/king vs other combinations.
doesn't apply for example when on the board there is 7 5 2 and you want to pick 7

Return to “Scopa”