The tranlate of "Main site" should be more strict !!!

BGA localization discussions
horanD

The tranlate of "Main site" should be more strict !!!

Post by horanD »

I'm one of Chinese player.
Those day I fold the main site has changed. There are subtle differences in many words. Yes, just subtle.
Luckly, I recently tranlate for a game, so I know there is a Translations Community.
Then I go to the "Main site" Translations module. And I find one man changes almost every words, his words really some of emotional, and personal color.
I think the main site should have stability. And many people like me have been accustomed to the previous situation.
So please, the verify of tranlate should be more strict, especially the Main site. Before any change take place, there should be more cool down time.
Een

Re: The tranlate of "Main site" should be more strict !!!

Post by Een »

If there is a problem with a translator, please report them with examples clearly showing there is an issue, so that they can be banned from translating.
You can also previously contact this user to try to resolve the situation by discussing it, as it's always best to state the issue and discuss it first.
horanD

Post by horanD »

Yes, I have discussed with him. But I find he is some of self-centered. To prevent personal-attack, I use my another account.

His account name is "***".

The examples are really a lot. Firstly this is all the words that were translated recently https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... ype=recent

1.Like this, his just add some space https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... ossible%3F

2.Like this, his just change the order of the words https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... te%20games

3.Like this, he make the translation with emotional https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... you%20wish

I'm sorry to blame someboby, but his bihavior really enrage me. I hope the tranlation community can avoid to suffer from him.

Admin edit: player name removed.
Een

Post by Een »

Sorry, I should have been more clear: reports should never be done publicly in the forum. They have to be done from the player profile using "Report this player" and the motive "This player is corrupting translations".

Also, please provide better examples if you make such a report.
It's not clear for me looking at your examples that this player is degrading translations. Please remember that we are not Chinese speakers ourselves, so you have to be very detailed and provide crystal clear examples proving that this translator has a negative impact.

Finally, it seems that you are emotionally involved. Please take some time for the emotion to pass. If there is an issue with this translator, we'll handle it and revert the translations. You just need to build a clear and non-emotional case.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

Een wrote: 26 August 2022, 09:31 Sorry, I should have been more clear: reports should never be done publicly in the forum. They have to be done from the player profile using "Report this player" and the motive "This player is corrupting translations".
Not sure if you're the one who blanked out the name in the post, but the link to the player's profile is still right there.
horanD wrote: 25 August 2022, 02:16 I think the main site should have stability. And many people like me have been accustomed to the previous situation.
So please, the verify of tranlate should be more strict, especially the Main site. Before any change take place, there should be more cool down time.
It should be stable, yes, but mainly correct. A lot of strings have been inaccurate for a long time, but that should not be a reason not to correct them. "Games I like" is not the same as "Favourite games", for example (machine translated, I don't know if that's correct). Obviously after this single correction the text should stay the same.

Also, there is nothing stopping you from changing these translations yourself (like removing the unnecessary space before the question mark). If the player keeps incorrectly editing the translations after being warned, you can file a report.
Een

Post by Een »

KongKing123 wrote: 26 August 2022, 17:52
Een wrote: 26 August 2022, 09:31 Sorry, I should have been more clear: reports should never be done publicly in the forum. They have to be done from the player profile using "Report this player" and the motive "This player is corrupting translations".
Not sure if you're the one who blanked out the name in the post, but the link to the player's profile is still right there.
Oh, yes, went too fast. Fixed, thanks.

Return to “Translations”