is peeking worth it?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nccc

is peeking worth it?

Post by nccc »

If anyone has calculated the odds.
Romain672

Re: is peeking worth it?

Post by Romain672 »

The only way to lose is when you run out of stealth tokens.
So, one of your main goal is to keep a maximum of stealth possible.

Which mean if you run into an unknown tile with a non negligeable % chance to lose a stealth (like 5%+), it's usually not good.

A guard moving 2 tiles per turn isn't much a danger, it's really rare you should lose a stealth (so if you are solo in floor1).
A guard moving 6 tiles per turn is much more a danger, so taking risks has way higher value.
Same if you have lots of stealth and you teammate have not.

So here is my global strategy about that:
I try to always be safe where I'm at. And try to be safe most of the time in my next turn.
If I am, I will peek around, trigger useful alarms, add hacks, add dices. I could decide to use my first two actions without peeking if there is a very high chance i will be fine.
If I am not, I try to be safe somehow. Usually that mean not peeking.

I would said I maybe peek 70% of my tiles.
Earthboundia

Post by Earthboundia »

It varies from case to case. Sometimes you can just walk through tiles and hope you don't trigger an alarm. Sometimes you have to walk through tiles otherwise you will get caught. I tend to only use peeking though when the tile is in a corner or I have only one action left and it might be risky to move again.

Also teammates is a huge consideration too. 3 or move on a floor can make triggering an alarm really bad for your team.
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

I tend to walk first during my first 2 action points. Then, it really depends if there are teammates on the same floor and where is the guard.
I would say triggering an alarm is rarely a problem. I find it way more annoying to stumble upon a walk away.
Of course, if the tile is a dead end, I’ll always peek.
anonim123

Post by anonim123 »

Peeking is just worth it. After u peek u can move safely later to end game. U don't want to happen to encounter alarms or annoying doors.

Return to “Burgle Bros.”