SPACE STATION PHOENIX: Dismantling SpaceX to build SpaceY.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

SPACE STATION PHOENIX: Dismantling SpaceX to build SpaceY.

Post by DrClick »

The Galactic Council is considering expansion into a recently discovered solar system, one with a yellow dwarf star and some interesting-looking planets, including one that holds a species that could soon develop the technology required to join them. Before establishing a permanent home in the system, the Council needs a space station as a base of operations. There are lucrative government contracts to be awarded, and the player who can build the best station will have the inside track.

You have assembled a rag-tag fleet of ships. They do not look like much, but they contain the one thing you need to build the station– Metal. You will need to dismantle this fleet, one ship at a time, to get it. Each time you turn a vessel into metal, your action options become more limited.

Do you dismantle your last fast Transport ship– your only lifeline back to the Council HQ? Or the Terran Expedition craft you use to travel down to that little blue planet to gather the food and water your workers need to survive?

Know your rules: Assemble your fleet to build Space Station Phoenix!

Space Station Phoenix is a worker-placement and resource management game set in one of Earth’s possible futures. The players are representatives of the Galactic Council, sent to Earth to build space stations to observe and perhaps interact with humanity.

Players begin the game with nine ships and a station hub. These ships act as action spaces that players use to gather resources, explore the nearby planets, and build their stations. Turns are fast and straightforward; either take a ship action or take income.

Many games start players off with a small resource engine which they build up to a bigger one. In Space Station Phoenix, players start with the best production engine they will ever have and proceed to break it down part by part. As the game progresses, their actions get more efficient, but the number of ways to take those actions starts to diminish.

You can check the game page right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... ionphoenix

And now you can even play a tutorial to learn the rules! Click here to start it. It only takes a few minutes.

We would like to thank, like always, the game designer Gabriel J. Cohn, as well as Rio Grande Games for their authorization to bring the game on your favorite platform!
A lot of effort has been made by Kayvon and Mogri, the developers that did a fantastic job bringing this game to Board Game Arena, so please send your warmest messages toward them. They clearly deserve them.

And that's it for this Monday release!
Until Wednesday...
Until then, take care and play fair!
T72on1

Re: SPACE STATION PHOENIX: Dismantling SpaceX to build SpaceY.

Post by T72on1 »

I definitely enjoyed my games I played so far. I'm not sure if the game has enough replayability. Time will tell.

The implementation is splendid, as usual !
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I think you'll be impressed with the replayability. There are lots of starting hubs and sectors to draw from, so each game has different options. On top of that, the physical game includes advanced starting hubs that aren't in the BGA implementation, so even more reason to try it in person.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Ok thank you. Good to know. I had the impression that even with all those different HUBs and sectors, one always ends up iterating the same moves. But I guess that just shows I still need a lot to learn :oops: .

I checked a video, and the real game definitely looks awesome. So in the end I'm definitely keeping it in the back of my head as a possible purchase.
Saldados

Post by Saldados »

Im will continue playing this. Really nice game. Not so hard and good strategic. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”