bad SW of this game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
lus

bad SW of this game

Post by lus »

constantly struggles with the SW setup of this game, when playing against a player with a higher ELO, that player is favored by better clover rankings, it's practically impossible to beat
OutOfHabit

Re: bad SW of this game

Post by OutOfHabit »

I haven’t seen the same
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Maybe that's why they have higher ELO?
splashes lass

Post by splashes lass »

I am new,. And I won a game.
Arrowhead89

Post by Arrowhead89 »

I agree. The player with the higher ELO seems to have a better chance of getting the tiles they need to close out a game. Not all the time, but enough to notice a trend.
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Arrowhead89 wrote: 06 January 2023, 02:22 I agree. The player with the higher ELO seems to have a better chance of getting the tiles they need to close out a game. Not all the time, but enough to notice a trend.
What you are noticing is higher ELO players positioning their clovers better so they are not reliant on a small size of numbers to finish out the game. They also count which numbers are already out to see the probabilities of different numbers appearing later.

1. Do you think the developer actually spent time coding an AI to determine the state of the board and then favour the higher ELO player by giving them clovers they need?
2. Why would they do this? What incentive is there for higher ELO players to win more often?
3. If higher ELO players are favoured more often then why is no one currently above 500 ELO?
cigma

Post by cigma »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 06 January 2023, 04:06
Arrowhead89 wrote: 06 January 2023, 02:22 I agree. The player with the higher ELO seems to have a better chance of getting the tiles they need to close out a game. Not all the time, but enough to notice a trend.
What you are noticing is higher ELO players positioning their clovers better so they are not reliant on a small size of numbers to finish out the game. They also count which numbers are already out to see the probabilities of different numbers appearing later.

1. Do you think the developer actually spent time coding an AI to determine the state of the board and then favour the higher ELO player by giving them clovers they need?
2. Why would they do this? What incentive is there for higher ELO players to win more often?
3. If higher ELO players are favoured more often then why is no one currently above 500 ELO?
100%
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
SwHawk

Post by SwHawk »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 06 January 2023, 04:06 1. Do you think the developer actually spent time coding an AI to determine the state of the board and then favour the higher ELO player by giving them clovers they need?
To add to this,game developers don't have access to ELO rankings in the game code so actually doing something dependent on ELO is impossible.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

What us it Gary player said ... the harder I practice the luckier I get.

It's NOT luck, it's because they've played well to leave themselves good gaps that have a high chance of being filled with what's left
intergalacticape

Post by intergalacticape »

Console yourself in that clover counting skills and high ELO are not typically advantageous when it comes to sexual selection. Give it a few generations and your offspring might eventually outcompete these types.

Return to “Lucky Numbers”