Lost Ruins of Arnak - Overlay

BGA localization discussions
agodd

Lost Ruins of Arnak - Overlay

Post by agodd »

Hello everybody.
I am an Italian (amateur) translator, I noticed that in The Lost Ruins of Arnak there are short pieces of untranslated text, but I cannot find the corresponding string in the translation section (see attached image).

It seems to me that other times I have not been able to find the text that appears in the "help overlay windows" on mouse over ...

Could you help me?
Thank you!
Attachments
assistant.PNG
assistant.PNG (399.8 KiB) Viewed 785 times
agodd

Re: Lost Ruins of Arnak - Overlay

Post by agodd »

Can anyone help me?
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

This appears to be a bug with the game implementation, most likely the developer has failed to properly mark these strings as needing translation.

I was going to ask you to raise a bug report against the game, but on a quick search it appears there already is one for this, with several upvotes: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=40020

Unfortunately there's no guarantee that anything will happen about it. The report has been open well over a year, with no response from the developer - BGA game developers are mostly unpaid amateurs with no obligation to provide support, and it is rare for BGA admins to step in and fix such problems themselves :(
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

I made a quick pass over existing code and fixed many strings, let me know if some strings are still broken.
agodd

Post by agodd »

Thank you Tisaak but, as I said you before, sadly almost all "mouse overlay" writes have translation issues.
Attachments
arn1.PNG
arn1.PNG (356.6 KiB) Viewed 720 times
agodd

Post by agodd »

Anyway thank you for support!
Attachments
arn2.PNG
arn2.PNG (379.04 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

agodd wrote: 03 September 2022, 21:41 Thank you Tisaak but, as I said you before, sadly almost all "mouse overlay" writes have translation issues.
Please check back in 24h, these strings have just been added so it takes some time before being processed.
agodd

Post by agodd »

It works! Thank you very much!

Return to “Translations”