Automa and Glass Tokens

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
chuckm1961

Automa and Glass Tokens

Post by chuckm1961 »

I understood that each year, as I pick a wake-up time, I obtain a glass token (except year 1 space). I can then use a glass token once per year to turn a regular action into the bonus version of the action.

Is this correct? And if so, is it implemented on the site? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the glass tokens. I see them accumulating down in my cellar area ...
Calmon70

Re: Automa and Glass Tokens

Post by Calmon70 »

The glass token are on each space on the wake-up column (even first space). You can use them by using the bonus action field (second field) of an action. You can use more than 1 in a year if you saved some of them previous years.

All this is working for me perfectly in the BGA version.
chuckm1961

Post by chuckm1961 »

Yes, I understand the game and have played solo many times on the table. But I could not find a way to get the glass tokens to effectuate. Apparently, clicking on the second bonus space is the answer. Thank you. I had assumed the answer was going to have to do with clicking on the glass tokens in my supply, or getting some other prompt to use them.

I did make an incorrect statement about glass tokens on the first wake up space. For that, I will beat myself severely this evening.
JorgeSanMai

Post by JorgeSanMai »

Doubt with the bonus tokens in the automa: the token can only be placed in the second box, it takes action when I have previously placed a worker in the first box or I can also place it in the second box if the automa has placed a worker in the first ? That is, can I only place it in an action in which I have placed a worker or can I place it in the bonus box in which there is only one worker of the automa? And continuing: I can only place the bonus token when the first square is occupied by a worker or on the contrary can I place it freely even if no worker has been placed in that action?

Thank you
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

I have never noticed a "glass token" or "automa". What are they used for? How do I find them? I can't recall anyone in any game I've played use glass tokens.
jesslc

Post by jesslc »

JoysJoy wrote: 26 June 2022, 01:36 I have never noticed a "glass token" or "automa". What are they used for? How do I find them? I can't recall anyone in any game I've played use glass tokens.
The automa is only for the solo mode. You won't see it or the glass tokens in games with other players.

JorgeSanMai wrote: 25 June 2022, 10:34 Doubt with the bonus tokens in the automa: the token can only be placed in the second box, it takes action when I have previously placed a worker in the first box or I can also place it in the second box if the automa has placed a worker in the first ? That is, can I only place it in an action in which I have placed a worker or can I place it in the bonus box in which there is only one worker of the automa? And continuing: I can only place the bonus token when the first square is occupied by a worker or on the contrary can I place it freely even if no worker has been placed in that action?

Thank you
If you have a glass token you can put your worker on any of the spots with a bonus (the middle box at each location). It doesn't matter if the first box at the location is empty, or has your worker on it, or has the automa worker there. All that matters is that you have a glass token on your board which you use to 'pay' for using a middle box.
JorgeSanMai

Post by JorgeSanMai »

Thanks!
taylor999

Post by taylor999 »

jesslc wrote: 05 September 2022, 13:21 If you have a glass token you can put your worker on any of the spots with a bonus (the middle box at each location). It doesn't matter if the first box at the location is empty, or has your worker on it, or has the automa worker there. All that matters is that you have a glass token on your board which you use to 'pay' for using a middle box.
I believe this is an error in the way it's been implemented. Per this thread - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/173839 ... e/26753861 - if the first action space is already taken (either by yourself, or by the Automa), then taking that action and using a BAT should also require you to use your Grande worker. Instead, BGA incorrectly allows you to do this using a normal worker, by clicking on the second action space.

EDIT: I think the confusion / error comes because, in an Automa game, the second action space should never really be available at all (it's essentially a two-player game, with one of those players being the Automa), but BGA chose to use / repurpose that second space as their implementation of the BTA functionality.
coldzero71

Post by coldzero71 »

taylor999 wrote: 12 November 2023, 23:40
jesslc wrote: 05 September 2022, 13:21 If you have a glass token you can put your worker on any of the spots with a bonus (the middle box at each location). It doesn't matter if the first box at the location is empty, or has your worker on it, or has the automa worker there. All that matters is that you have a glass token on your board which you use to 'pay' for using a middle box.
I believe this is an error in the way it's been implemented. Per this thread - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/173839 ... e/26753861 - if the first action space is already taken (either by yourself, or by the Automa), then taking that action and using a BAT should also require you to use your Grande worker. Instead, BGA incorrectly allows you to do this using a normal worker, by clicking on the second action space.

EDIT: I think the confusion / error comes because, in an Automa game, the second action space should never really be available at all (it's essentially a two-player game, with one of those players being the Automa), but BGA chose to use / repurpose that second space as their implementation of the BTA functionality.
Thank you for clarifying! This was driving me nuts. I agree 100% with everything you said.

Return to “Viticulture”