Bug

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Superbarab

Bug

Post by Superbarab »

Help
I cannot open anymore game

https://boardgamearena.com/9/spaceempir ... =280694134

Thanks for your help
Lunalol

Re: Bug

Post by Lunalol »

First, I can open your table without problems.
Second, you have a bug system in BGA, don't use forum for that.
Thanks for playing.
Dennis W

Post by Dennis W »

Just in case it's the same issue that Superbarab is having - I opened that game and saw the Phone Icon next to the players name. Can you open the game on a PC?

For the past weeks I have been having trouble opening 4X games on my phone. About the time the MS lines graphics were added to alpha for reference. Not a coder but it 'feels' like there is just too much data for the page to load and render. If I refresh over and over it will sometimes load but then 90% of the time I try to move the map it immed crashes. Can sometimes get it to work by turning the phone 90 degrees. Sometimes it loads better horizontally, sometimes better vertically - but the longer the game goes the less chance it will load. But works perfectly on PC.

I assumed it was just my old man phone being outdated finally - but just in case others are experiencing it too, figured I'd ask.

Superbarab - Is it just on a mobile that you are having loading issues?

Edit - I do turn off the MS lines in the options
Superbarab

Post by Superbarab »

I have the issue on iphone 7 and ipad
Dennis W

Post by Dennis W »

I’m on a iPhone 12 according to my settings. I don’t keep track anymore.

After 100’s of refreshes every night to get a table to load and noticing which ones just won’t finish loading or crash as soon as I move the screen or map - it appears to be the loading of the terrain tiles (nebula asteroid etc). When starting a game with no tiles flipped it loads right up.

I’m wondering if a toggle (like for the map lines) to change the full terrain graphic to just a white bordered letter (red n for nebula) might ease the load.

Completely anecdotal guess. Not a coder and this is the only game that gives me issues to try and find a cause.
MadKarateMan

Post by MadKarateMan »

On a desktop windows. For awhile a week or so ago, the table wasn't loading (I'm currently in a 4 player match) and then started working fine.
MadKarateMan

Post by MadKarateMan »

Not related to loading a table but oddly, there is a battle occurring to the lower right of the screen shot but the battle card has disappeared.... Normally the battle-card shrinks and enlarges when clicking on it. I've attached a screen shot.
Attachments
Battle Card Gone.jpg
Battle Card Gone.jpg (382.02 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

Create a bug report.
Smcilhatton

Post by Smcilhatton »

Bug has been reported but it has been marked as “won’t fix”. 🙁

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”