arena mode game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
NoAngel

arena mode game

Post by NoAngel »

I have a problem
In arena mode, it always draws the opponent against a much stronger player.
Drawing once is not a problem because it's arena mode. But
I got him in the second arena mode game. I'm 56th in the rankings, he's 5th.
Is that fair?
brainhunt3r

Re: arena mode game

Post by brainhunt3r »

Next to game there are settings (the wheel icon) where you can choose your opponents level. If you change it to "my level" you will only get paired against opponents whose rating is close to yours. If you're playing arena, you will be paired with opponents who have same arena rank. Note that players with same arena rank can still have high rating difference.
watsu

Re: arena mode game

Post by watsu »

Unfortunately, with games which have a limited number of arena players at a given time this is going to happen. I frequently end up facing the same player more than once in a row in Pente. If I were a low rated arena player wanting to avoid playing a specific high rated arena player, I would see if that player had periods where they hadn't logged in for a few days and if so I would choose to play in arena when they'd been absent from the site for awhile (so that any arena games they had posted would be taken by other players or timed out without an opponent). Ideally, arena will pair players with similar arena levels, but when the player pool is small that's not always helpful.

Return to “Connect6”