End Game Tribal Scoring Question

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
FluxCap1955

End Game Tribal Scoring Question

Post by FluxCap1955 »

Played my first game of Targi and I am unclear on the conditions for scoring end game victory points for one particular tribal card. It is a Targia card worth one victory point that costs two pepper and one gold. The description on the card is:

At the game end, if you get up to 2 full rows with 4 different symbols each, you score 4 victory points instead of 2.

Here is how my tableau looked at the end of the game:

I scored 1 end game victory points from the Oasis card in the top row and two Well cards.
I scored 4 end game victory points for the four of one kind middle row
I scored 4 end game victory points for full row with 4 different symbols (normally only worth 2 points)

Since I only had one full row of 4 different symbols I did not expect to get the bonus from that Targia card. Is this the correct scoring or a bug?
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=97523812
Jest Phulin

Re: End Game Tribal Scoring Question

Post by Jest Phulin »

It is implemented correctly.

The important text is "up to 2 full rows."

Meaning that if you had 1 full row of different symbols, you would get 4 points instead of 2.
If you have 2 full rows of different symbols, 8 points (4+4) instead of 4 (2+2).
3 rows of different symbols would be 10 points (4+4+2), though, not 12.
FluxCap1955

Post by FluxCap1955 »

Jest Phulin wrote: 26 June 2020, 16:10 It is implemented correctly.

The important text is "up to 2 full rows."

Meaning that if you had 1 full row of different symbols, you would get 4 points instead of 2.
If you have 2 full rows of different symbols, 8 points (4+4) instead of 4 (2+2).
3 rows of different symbols would be 10 points (4+4+2), though, not 12.
Thanks for clarifying and glad to hear that BGA is implementing it correctly. I think the "if" in the card text throws me off. I would have worded it as "Each row of four different symbols (up to two rows) scores 4 victory points instead of 2.
ianclima

Post by ianclima »

up to 2 full rows. So, you only can score 4 or 8 points.

Return to “Targi”