New player group for tournament finishers

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
JoysJoy

New player group for tournament finishers

Post by JoysJoy »

https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=12262635 If you have a history of finishing tournaments, msg me for an invite

Are you sick of the not-to-be-named few who sign up for hundreds of tournaments than dont show up and ruin all your games and ELO? This tiny number of bad-actors then play a few easy games to regain Karma and sign back up for more events to ruin. How about we start a group for tournaments those few bad players can't ruin? Only those who play and finish events get to join and can start any tournament for others in this group.

COMPLETELY OPEN TO CHANGES AND SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE ON THE GOAL OF GETTING BACK TO FINISHING THE TOURNAMENTS WE START

This group is intended as a connection point for serious players who like to sign up for time-based tournaments, and then login and actually play them. Currently, there is no way for a tournament organizer to do anything about an event that has one or more of those players who sign up for hundreds of time-based tournaments and then never show up. As you know, this leads to time outs with random winners, randomly being excluded, and many unplayed games. And there is not a way to report the players or stop them from moving to ruin the next round until all are affected. To fix this problem , I have created this group that is open to anyone who actually logs in and plays in tournaments.Then anyone can create an invite-only tournament for players who will really show up. Post your tournament here and have interested people message you. Organizers can check on player stats and decide if they want to send the invite to that player. If you don't get an invite you requested- don't get upset. Instead, create your own tournament! If you create an invite-only tournament, you can post about it here to get players. If you are a player who could not show up for some reason (in hospital, home burned down, war broke out...) just explain to the organizer when you ask for an invite. Say- hey, I know I missed some tournaments I signed up for but life happened, and I couldn't get online for awhile. I'm back now,. Please give me a chance to get my game going again. Then show up like you promised and build back your good tournament name. If you dont show up after getting this extra chance, don't wonder why you don't get another invite.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”