Effects of the spell tokens?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CNcls

Effects of the spell tokens?

Post by CNcls »

Hi! I've played a couple games of Glow and really enjoyed it. Since I've only played it online, though (and thus can't see the physical components), I'm rather curious about the contents of the various "spell tokens" associated with Xar'gok -- the rule book doesn't display their hidden sides, and I'm reluctant to bring Xar'gok into play unless I know a bit more about the pros and cons of doing so! Can anyone tell me what the effects of the seven spell tokens are?

Thanks!

Cristalle
sorryimlikethis

Re: Effects of the spell tokens?

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Hi Cristalle,

Roll 2 Water - Lose 5 points
Roll 2 Leaf - Lose 5 points
Roll 2 Fire - Lose 6 points
Roll 2 Gem - Lose 3 footprints
Roll 2 Cloud - Kill your most recent companion
Roll 3 of the same colour - Lose 7 points (there are 2 of these tokens)

A few things worth noting. These are all 1-time effects. If a player has 3 points for example because they have been re-rolling they will only lose 3 points, you can't go into negative points. There are certain spots on the map that let you kill a companion, they can also be used to remove these curses.

For those reasons Xar'Gok is a little underwhelming most of the time, but can be good if there's not much else.
CNcls

Post by CNcls »

Thank you!! This is exactly what I was looking for. :)
CNcls

Post by CNcls »

One more question: do the spell tokens hang around until their effect is triggered (at which point they are removed)? Or if they are not triggered during the first round in which they are in play, do they get removed at that round's end by default?
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

No problem! They will hang around until the effect is triggered.
CNcls

Post by CNcls »

Thanks again! :)

Return to “Glow”