"Thinking Time" more accurate for async games?

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
psyven

"Thinking Time" more accurate for async games?

Post by psyven »

This is purely for my curiosity, but I'd love to know how long an async game would've taken *if it were played in real time*.

Most of the waiting time in a turn-based game is waiting from the end of someone's turn until someone checks on their notification.

I wonder if stats could be kept for each turn that noted the first time a user made active the browser window where the game was happening (either by clicking through the link or by just making the already-opened window focused) and then their end-of-turn would be the same as it is today.

At the end, during the stats, you could see the actual amount of time someone took. It might not be 100% accurate and I'm sure people could game it, but they currently have no reason to game it -- it would just be an extra stat that would be interesting for aggregated data / BGStats.
FSKFSK

Re: "Thinking Time" more accurate for async games?

Post by FSKFSK »

I don't know how meaningful it is. Most people will make the move within a few minutes when they see it's their turn.

You can just use the "estimated game length" on the game page as an approximation.

Return to “Suggestions”