Strategy tips

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lofski

Strategy tips

Post by Lofski »

I've made a strategy tips section for BR - it's viewable either at https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Tips_bloodrage or on the game interface in the strategy tips tab (with greatly worse readability than on the wiki page). It's aimed at people who have already played the game at least once or twice and know the rules reasonably well.

Let me know what you think, e.g. do you think something is missing or untrue?
JürgiWürgi

Re: Strategy tips

Post by JürgiWürgi »

Your section looks good, I think it should greatly help the targeted group (players how know the rules/played the game but are struggeling with the gameplay/strategy basics).

I have added 2 little sections:
* A synergy part in the drafting section, showing some of the more obvious synergies.

* A new section called "setting up the next age". Besides the Loki strategy you already covered, I feel most frustration for newer players comes from snowball-wins by Yggdrasil players, fire giant/trolls at the start of a new age and locked down Ragnarok regions.
Lofski

Post by Lofski »

Nice, I liked your section about preparing for next action phase, JürgiWürgi. It's something I forgot to mention even though I do take it into account when playing.
JürgiWürgi

Post by JürgiWürgi »

I have added an overview of all cards (including quantities per player count) to the strategy guide.
This should be especially helpful for new players who have no overview of all the cards in the pool.

https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Tips_ ... s_Overview
hammerin

Post by hammerin »

Wow, fun page, thanks.
Shoecrown

Post by Shoecrown »

I wanted to add that I greatly appreciate this post. It's very informative and can be easily compared to a lot of the high-level play available on BGA. Thanks for taking the time to write this up.
JürgiWürgi

Post by JürgiWürgi »

Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

Btw:
If anyone wants to add something to this guide feel free to participate. Neither Lofski nor I will bite anyone's head off for participating ;)

Also thanks to SorryIamlikethis for checking and correcting all typos in the guide, very much appreciated.
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

The least I can do for a very helpful page. Thanks both of you!
Lofski

Post by Lofski »

Thanks for the kind words guys. There are just two problems with my section though:

1) I wrote it when the game was still in alpha, and I made the wrong assumption that most games would be 4p, and some 5p. I didn't expect there to be a lot of 3p games, let alone 2p games. But 3p seems to be the most popular, which is understandable since 4p games are hard to get going and take long. So I guess I should add that as a disclaimer to the start or make edits to separate 3p and 4p tips.

2) I'm actually quite bad at this game! :? I thought I was good back in the alpha days, but now a 100 games later I'm much better and still pretty bad. So Idk what my tips are worth. Could still be useful for people <100 ELO of course. EDIT: Anyway since I'm better now than then so I'll try to tune my section to reflect the added experience.

EDIT: done the edits to the page. Added a part about tied combats and a small section about locking down provinces and general positioning. Then some other minor stuff. Only to the parts I originally wrote.
pavelord88

Post by pavelord88 »

Strategy tips section is so cool.
Please, can anybody add section for Mystics of Midgard and monsters from Blood Rage KS Exclusive.
I know that BGA only base game, but maybe someone has a strategy tips for expansion players

Return to “Blood Rage”