Feature request: view all cards on board (instead of just the top card)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
plums0

Feature request: view all cards on board (instead of just the top card)

Post by plums0 »

If several cards have been placed on the board, the game currently only allows you to see the top card. It would be super useful sometimes to see all the cards, e.g. to decide if it's worth picking up the top one to get to another one underneath. The rules don't seem to forbid it.
Shobu

Re: Feature request: view all cards on board (instead of just the top card)

Post by Shobu »

Would be surprised rules allow that, it's just part of the design.
Sunfall

Post by Sunfall »

Per the current, official rules:
The cards should be placed on the piles so that only the top card is visible.
I'm pretty sure my circa-2000 copy is similarly explicit that only the top card is visible. In any event, sure, technically, the rulebook doesn't say you can't dig through the piles, but it sure doesn't say you can. Which means you can't. Otherwise why care that only the top card is visible?
plums0

Post by plums0 »

Oh ok fair enough!
_meow_meow_meow_

Post by _meow_meow_meow_ »

You can look through the history log on the right if you reeeally want to see what was played. But I agree with the other poster that original design was intentionally meant to be a pile with only top card visible

Other option is to write down discarded cards in your notes (UI top right). This is what I do during tournament games when I am playing multiple simultaneously over multiple days, and it's impossible to remember everything.

Return to “Lost Cities”