Conceding

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
veggivet

Re: Conceding

Post by veggivet »

I play all games until the (sometimes) bitter end just to see how many doubles the ridiculous algo throws. I've noticed that in order to keep the doubles stats appearing 'reasonable', the algo will often throw multiple doubles to the loser during the endgame, which are essentially meaningless except when it comes to examining your stats, where everything looks 'normal'. However, these doubles don't change the outcome of the game, just the outcome of the stats.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

You have to admit the "algo" is really smart :D
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

veggivet wrote: 13 September 2022, 01:10 I play all games until the (sometimes) bitter end just to see how many doubles the ridiculous algo throws. I've noticed that in order to keep the doubles stats appearing 'reasonable', the algo will often throw multiple doubles to the loser during the endgame, which are essentially meaningless except when it comes to examining your stats, where everything looks 'normal'. However, these doubles don't change the outcome of the game, just the outcome of the stats.
Sorry to be that clear, veggivet, but you are spreading conspiracy theories and fake news and the only thing I do not know if you believe in them or if you do it on purpose. I think it is the first one.

If you do not believe the programmer bidulpik´s word that he has correctly used the mandatory function "bga_rand(1,6)" to determine the cube rolls - see below for some information provided by bidulpik in a recent bug report - then please do your research yourself and do not post conspiracy theories.

In your recent post you claim without any proof that bidulpik has made a sophisticated program that evaluates the game position of backgammon and chooses the backgammon rolls accordingly. Please note that there might be some people (luckily not many) who really might believe your false accusations!

Best, euklid

*** Citation from bug report #67587, where bidulpik responded quite recently: ***

27. Aug 2022 11:11 • bidulpik • Die Entwickler denken, dass es keine gute Idee ist, oder dass das Verhältnis von Aufwand zu Nutzen zu hoch ist:
Hi,
our randomizer is correct. The statistical distribution is mathematically proven by the 3 millions of backgammon games played on BGA since the game is online, which is just a incredibly huge statistic panel.

You can find more information here
bkgm.com/articles/GOL/Jul99/hank2x.htm
forum.boardgamearena.com/viewtopic.php?t=13097
en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Main_game_logic:_yourgamename.game.php#About_random_and_randomness

To reduce the random impact of the game, you can try the alpha backgammon matchplay game, with several points goal and the doubling cube.

Best regards
gamer27330

Post by gamer27330 »

how do you concede? I know this is a newbish type question
Silene

Post by Silene »

gamer27330 wrote: 22 September 2022, 01:52 how do you concede? I know this is a newbish type question
upper right corner, "burger" menu
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 4 starting Sept.'22

Return to “Backgammon”