Did i legitimately seized an area?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
0wn

Did i legitimately seized an area?

Post by 0wn »

Hello dear fellow players, there is a tricky point in the rules i need help to clear.

Let's put it simple.
Initial situation: Bessarabia was not seized (sure 90%). Romania is an Axis ally. Kishinev city is under Axis control (sure 100%). So no control marker is on Kishinev (it is in its basic allegiance).
Action sub-phase: Axis has full control of Bessarabia which it occupies. USSR units coming from Turkey (not from USSR) conquers Romania (taking Bucharest). So, Bessarabia is ceded to USSR? No USSR unit enters Bessarabia that turn. Still no control marker on Kishinev.
Supply sub-phase: Kishinev is a USS for USSR.

Does the Area ceding by conquest automatically grants the unoccupied cities in Bessarabia Soviet allegiance?
It is quite odd because Bessarabia is full of Axis units (though not in the cities) which are now circled and out of supplies, while they had perfect control of the place the month before, and while they are still (yet) fighting on 1 front only.

I cannot remember the rulebook tackling this subject, especially the need to place control marker on, at least, occupied cities when their area is ceded (if not all).

Thanks for any help :)
MarkDey

Re: Did i legitimately seized an area?

Post by MarkDey »

Bessarabia would be ceded and would instantly become part of the USSR. Just like Danzig instantly becomes part of Germany if the Axis conquers Poland.
That said, if there is an Axis unit in that city, then that city should come under Axis control.
0wn

Post by 0wn »

Well this is clear, so insurgeant Bessarabians rallied USSR despite all the Panzers massed there :lol:
Thanks a lot !
0wn

Post by 0wn »

The oddest consequence is that i can now mobilize a USSR unit in Kishinev and effectively surround the Axis units.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”