TICKET TO RIDE: Time to CHOO-CHOOSE your loco-motives!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

TICKET TO RIDE: Time to CHOO-CHOOSE your loco-motives!

Post by DrClick »

Welcome, WELCOME!
All aboard the hype train! Next stop: your soonest board-gaming night!
Choooooooooooo!

We are so tremendously excited to have this game on Board Game Arena right now for all to play, 20 years after its first release.

You do not know about it?
With elegantly simple gameplay, Ticket to Ride can be learned in under 15 minutes. Players collect cards of various types of train cars they then use to claim railway routes in North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who fulfil Destination Tickets– goal cards that connect distant cities- and to the player who builds the longest continuous route.

"The rules are simple enough to write on a train ticket: each turn you either draw more cards, claim a route, or get additional Destination Tickets," says Ticket to Ride author, Alan R. Moon. "The tension comes from being forced to balance greed– adding more cards to your hand, and fear– losing a critical route to a competitor."

Since its introduction and numerous subsequent awards, Ticket to Ride has become the epitome of a "gateway game." It is simple enough to be taught in a few minutes, but with enough action and tension to keep all players involved and in the game for the duration.

You want to have a look at the game? Try this link:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=tickettoride

And if you want to learn the rules in an interactive-way, why not try our tutorial by clicking here ?

There are plenty of people to thank for bringing this game online, but most of our love will go first to thoun, who developed the game for Board Game Arena. It was not easy to bring the same level of quality the original app has, and thanks to him, you can play it effortlessly on pretty much any web-connected device. And if you encounter any bugs, just let us know using the bug report system.

Nothing would have been possible without Alan R.Moon, who designed the game, and of course the wonderful team behind Days of Wonders who publish this game and gave the green light.

What about expansions, you may ask?
Some will come. Later. But for now, please consider playing the good old map that made your first dive into this game. It may be a long time since you have played it, so it might be good for you to feel again what you like or not about this never-aging game.

And that's it for this weeks WRT!

Let's bet on the audience: will it beat Catan? Or Wingspan? Will it replace Carcassonne?
Only the future will tell.
And where we're going,
we don't need roads...
But rails!

See you next week, and until then, take care and play fair!
memoir44japan

Re: TICKET TO RIDE: Time to CHOO-CHOOSE your loco-motives!

Post by memoir44japan »

Really want to try this game but I can’t find it. Link leads to a volunteer to review page
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

memoir44japan wrote: 28 September 2022, 11:27 Really want to try this game but I can’t find it. Link leads to a volunteer to review page
Wait for official release, 2PM CEST, every week on front page ;)
GrzegorzSG

Post by GrzegorzSG »

Nice!
zellaaa

Post by zellaaa »

choo choo
zellaaa
BestgamerEU

Post by BestgamerEU »

YES! I have been loning to play this online.

FINALLY! :D :D :D
Nakamurik

Post by Nakamurik »

Realy good news
Aintha_aintha

Post by Aintha_aintha »

M A R V E L L O U S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
MrLukkyNL

Post by MrLukkyNL »

Well done! Plays great! Thank you!
JamesATL

Post by JamesATL »

Great job. For what it is worth I like focusing more development on "big games" like this, than a larger number of smaller games that I haven't heard of. For example, a friend wants me to start an account on a different site to play Dominion. I'd rather have all the common games here on BGA. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”